2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

IcedStorm777

Can it be a fantasy design that you and your best friend came up with and want to test? Would that qualify? Here are some pictures of the sketches. We are a good pare, we both design the airframe ( With our 14 year old advanced knowledge of aerodynamics and physics) he then draws the design (as i can't even draw a stick figure.) and then i will (hopefully) build it. The biggest difference between this and a normal jet is that on the X-24 Ghosthawk, the two Pratt and Wittney F-119 engines are on Top of each other as opposed to beside each other. Thanks!
1547245439130.png

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Can it be a fantasy design that you and your best friend came up with and want to test? Would that qualify? Here are some pictures of the sketches. We are a good pare, we both design the airframe ( With our 14 year old advanced knowledge of aerodynamics and physics) he then draws the design (as i can't even draw a stick figure.) and then i will (hopefully) build it. The biggest difference between this and a normal jet is that on the X-24 Ghosthawk, the two Pratt and Wittney F-119 engines are on Top of each other as opposed to beside each other. Thanks! View attachment 121899
Looks like a great fantasy build to me! Welcome aboard the challenge! :D

Don't forget to start up a build thread and share the link so I can get you added to the main entry list.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@IcedStorm777 My 2 cents... build it as a pusher with Class appropriate motor I rough it this way (veterans please correct) A-F 18-24", B 20-36" C>30", H- 12-20". Are those In-wing inlets? if so, Nice. :cool:
It looks like a fun project!

IcedStorm777

@IcedStorm777 My 2 cents... build it as a pusher with Class appropriate motor I rough it this way (veterans please correct) A-F 18-24", B 20-36" C>30", H- 12-20". Are those In-wing inlets? if so, Nice. :cool:
It looks like a fun project!
Yes they are! I will try and scrap up some money for this but i highly doubt i can make it in time, thank you for the help!!

JTarmstr

Elite member
Just gonna leave this here, I made it for my two entry jets, they aren't all that cool just plane white. Its rather basic, but I will try to improve it later on.

Attachments

• FTFC 2019 badge2.pdf
    7.6 KB · Views: 0

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Just gonna leave this here, I made it for my two entry jets, they aren't all that cool just plane white. Its rather basic, but I will try to improve it later on.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing! :D

I made a quick JPG of it for the challenge thread too... :D

Screenshot 2019-02-11 18.06.09.png