2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

JTarmstr

Elite member
AWESOME!!! I'll be putting that on mine!

Thanks, looks like this will be my only contribution to the contest, the weather has been bad and i have been really busy so far, i might get the prototypes built but i doubt plans will be up.

BTW just a tip for everyone with white foamboard, you can print up the badge or other decals on standard printer paper, cut it out and the glue it to the wing with standard white glue, it looks pretty decent.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Only one weekend left before the design portion of the contest moves into scoring mode! :D

This doesn't mean you should stop working on your project if you aren't going to be done by the weekend.

Please please please - keep going on all these amazing designs! I hope to see them all either in person at FliteFest Ohio this year, or at least in video carving up the sky! :D

My favorite thing about doing these build challenges is encouraging people to design and build - at this point we have 40 entries in the contest!! (And 1/5 of them are @FoamyDM - that guy is plum crazy! :p )

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
What? I thought we had until the 45th of Feb! ;)
Me too. I have at least 4 more planes to finish my design, build and fly.
(seriously 4 more) like the Sea Duck /H-4 hotel.
:unsure:Although I might try to add an easy convert "cap" to my Spruce gosling project and make it the sea-duck hotel, as that is ready to button up. and It would fit.
and the Devil's Dozen - Big Bat
and the Devil's Dozen - Sky Screamer (like the FT-Racer, and Spitfire)
and the Eldar Nightshade Interceptor
and the EldarHemlock Wraithfighter (variation on the theme)

My guess is I will continue to be busy.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Me too. I have at least 4 more planes to finish my design, build and fly.
(seriously 4 more) like the Sea Duck /H-4 hotel.
:unsure:Although I might try to add an easy convert "cap" to my Spruce gosling project and make it the sea-duck hotel, as that is ready to button up. and It would fit.
and the Devil's Dozen - Big Bat
and the Devil's Dozen - Sky Screamer (like the FT-Racer, and Spitfire)
and the Eldar Nightshade Interceptor
and the EldarHemlock Wraithfighter (variation on the theme)

My guess is I will continue to be busy.

Okay - I need to know what brand of coffee you have in the morning.

FoamyDM

Okay - I need to know what brand of coffee you have in the morning.
:coffee:(music from the Pringles commercial) "I've got the fever for the designing of an Airplane" (music from the Pringles commercial):coffee:
The problem started when I finished my order for the last of all the FT sized Motors. (most of them two-count)

Also, As my machine crunches 25,000 spacial points to create a mesh, it leaves me time to dream. (and use the internet, or CADD)

...and then I find this kinda Cr@p, :confused:
SeaDuckFighter SA-386.PNG
Like a Sea Duck Fighter... and I think... :unsure:
THAT would be Fun! :p

Curse you @rockyboy !
Because you KNOW I will be working on those designs. All of them...All of them.:love:

FoamyDM

Where was THIS site the beginning of the challenge...? :cry:

Maybe we have a part-two challenge. The deadline is FFO. For a whole new submission... only as crazy as you let it be. And the "judging" for that will be post EVENT.
Truth is, I don't NEED more, but I would like to see if anyone wants to tackle another design.

FoamyDM

:ROFLMAO:HAHA, Fine make it an entry. I just doubt it will come to much past a glide test by Feb 28th. I will likely have it built by tomorrow night though. (as I can't fly due to our unusually Seattle-like weather if it's not spray-spitting, it's foggy.)
Either way I will be getting more foam for the coming month to catch up on all the awesome stuff I want to build from here.

1550858795085.png

updated the BigBat with a link to the page.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I just wanted to say that I probably won’t be finished with my plane before the due date, but I will still try to finish before ffw. Also, @rockyboy said that there are already plans for my aircraft even though I didn’t post them, and I just wanted to say that it is probably not my plane.

P.S. I really need to get rid of this couch potato syndrome stuff.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I just wanted to say that I probably won’t be finished with my plane before the due date, but I will still try to finish before ffw. Also, @rockyboy said that there are already plans for my aircraft even though I didn’t post them, and I just wanted to say that it is probably not my plane.

P.S. I really need to get rid of this couch potato syndrome stuff.

Oops! Thanks for catching that - it would have driven me crazy next week when I went to download them for scoring!

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Just thought I'd mention that I now consider my plane to be truly finished since it's now sporting FTFC'19 bling and has become a pretty reliable airplane that I actually fly on a regular basis. My previous two Community Challenge planes did not achieve that lofty goal, so this is quite satisfying. See y'all in Ohio!

IMG_20190225_205854103.jpg