2019 FFHO Project!(A40 Flying Tank CRAZY Project!!)

J-MaxRC

So here I joint the built video!!

It's freaking long....

But if anybody realy want to know more about building tanks in details, I realy cover the entire built from start to finish!
-body
-suspension
-transmision
-electronics
-flying parts
-tracks
-turret
-gun

Everything is there to understand what goes in a RC tank!

Now I can get back to the wing and tail assembly!!! and this is alredy going well with all the 3d prited bracket I aready made..!

J-MaxRC

And now a tail update!! It's realy start to look like the flying tank!

You can already see some of the clips that will hold the wings and supports!

IMG_20190404_022710.jpg

IMG_20190404_022715.jpg

IMG_20190404_022721.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
How are you thinking about launching it?

A wheeled carriage?

Could it drive fast enough to achieve flight on the tracks?

Hand launch? :p

J-MaxRC

No I'm doing the real deal!!! Straigth off the ground woth it's speed and the brute force of the tractor.... I need to finish the next built video where I got good footage of the tank rolling arround in the snow and it's realy fast...!! I just need to built a tractor powerful enougth to rip the tank off the ground the rest of the way.... So it's a big goal there... I going to built a large pratice glider and I will pratice towing that in the with more and more weigth until I'm good enougth, after that I will built a dummy tank with the same weigth as the rc tank since if I crash it took me less than 2 weeks to built the wing and tail by some evening of work compare to month it took to built the tank...!! After that we will see if the odds will give me the chance to fly a real tank in the air!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Awesome! I think you've got a really good plan with the test glider and practice towing too!

J-MaxRC

I don't realy have the choice to be careful on how I approach the maidan... With all the work I put into that project I realy don't want to be stupid about it like I usualy do on all my maidens...!!! And I already got the electronic that I bought back in the black friday sales, and let say that I got enougth power in hand to fly myself...! It's just I 'm not sure yet if I got enougth time to built.my plan A or I need to shortcut to plan B......!! So that why i just don't tell yet what I'm going to do to get this in the air...!

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Such an awesome project. Have you settled on a tractor platform? (You might have said and I missed it). Just a bit, high wing, high lift, over-powered airframe? Or going for something scale? Really looking forward to seeing it go. I'm sure we can find someone at FF with glider tow experience as I'm sure you'll want to be on the sticks for the tank :) Lots of us have flown big birds for towing, but I don't think anyone else (other than the FT crew themselves) have flown a tank :)

J-MaxRC

Such an awesome project. Have you settled on a tractor platform? (You might have said and I missed it). Just a bit, high wing, high lift, over-powered airframe? Or going for something scale? Really looking forward to seeing it go. I'm sure we can find someone at FF with glider tow experience as I'm sure you'll want to be on the sticks for the tank :) Lots of us have flown big birds for towing, but I don't think anyone else (other than the FT crew themselves) have flown a tank :)
I still need to figure out The time I got left for my many projects, but plan A is big and plan B is simpler for the tractor...! Thing are a little more complicated since I will need 3 peoples, me on the tractor(I already got enougth experience I think and I want to get the most control of things myself), one to drive the tank(the tank itself uses 7 channels alone....) And a glider pilot to control the wing separatly....!!! At flite fest with two other friends I will need to find on place willing enough to pratice the entire week before the big day!!..... So I'm sure everything will be alrigth............!!!!!!