2019 RC Resolutions

Mode 1

1. I'd like to spend less on RC in 2019 but I really don't see this happening :)
2. Be an ambassador for the hobby and expand our local group of goofy, beer and coffee loving, RC flying friends.
3. Flitefest Ohio
4. Get comfortable flying quads... of some sort.
5. Fly as much as I can with my Dad and Son. 3 generations flying together is priceless.
6. Push a Mini Arrow to it's absolute limit in regards to speed. I'm not sure how i'll do that but i'm sure there are people here who can give me some ideas :)
7. figure out RC electronics.
8. learn to solder (got a soldering station for xmas)
9. HAVE FUN!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
:cool:
Try the grunjet from Grifflyer on the EDF. Or the Viggen if you want bigger. Both are fairly easy fliers. I learned on the grunjet. Second was the viggen. You can slow them both way down, but they will tear up the skies if you want.

And build that EVA bipe! I love mine, she is such a sweet flyer.

Thanks. If I had a 50mm setup, I would try the Grunjet if for no other reason than the fact that its simplicity appeals to my inate laziness.

However, the problem was not in trying to fly too much airplane. After the post-mortem and much self-recrimination, the fault was determined to be 70% gross stupidity (mine), 20% weight and thrust-tube problems (resolved thanks to @Mid7night and @DamoRC ) and 10% bad luck. These problems were further exacerbated by trying to fly in an area suitable only for park flyers. Said area was also bordered by a jungle infested with sawgrass, 3 cm thorns, tarantulas, scorpions and presumably, venomous snakes. I have a better place now.

I am commited to the F-16. In the meantime however, I believe that the A-4 can be resurrected one more time.

jaredstrees

:cool:

Thanks. If I had a 50mm setup, I would try the Grunjet if for no other reason than the fact that its simplicity appeals to my inate laziness.

However, the problem was not in trying to fly too much airplane. After the post-mortem and much self-recrimination, the fault was determined to be 70% gross stupidity (mine), 20% weight and thrust-tube problems (resolved thanks to @Mid7night and @DamoRC ) and 10% bad luck. These problems were further exacerbated by trying to fly in an area suitable only for park flyers. Said area was also bordered by a jungle infested with sawgrass, 3 cm thorns, tarantulas, scorpions and presumably, venomous snakes. I have a better place now.

I am commited to the F-16. In the meantime however, I believe that the A-4 can be resurrected one more time.
Good Lord where DID you fly? That sounds vaguely like Florida minus the tarantulas. We have alligators though. Fun stuff.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Good Lord where DID you fly? That sounds vaguely like Florida minus the tarantulas. We have alligators though. Fun stuff.

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RF9ut

Roughly here. It doesn't look so bad from space but trust me. Once you get off the reservation it's machete country. The cats killed a tarantula in my house (rare) and I killed one myself. They also were stalking a scorpion on the window screen that I killed.

Now I fly in a big cow pasture but it gets overrun with heavy weeds also.

Terranoid Labs

First post, but figured this is a good place to jump in. Realized a dream this fall of flying an RC plane with a Tiny Trainer and have been off and running after a year or so of watching FT videos.

1. Finish the snow skimmer I've been working on. Still waiting for snow.
2. Finish the Long EZ
3. Finish the Mini Scout
4. Finish the Mini Guinea
5. Make a ground effect vehicle
6. Get Ardupilot and FPV setup on any/all of the above.

Headbang

Master member
Goals? What a novel concept!
  • Re-cover and finish my 60cc Pitts Model 12
  • Re-cover the Beast 60e to something I can actually see in the air!
  • Find some way to hold a muffler on forever!
  • Finish covering and building the GP Escapade that I ripped the covering off 2yrs ago
  • Spend less time show boating, more time helping others at the field
  • Use up the 5 boxes of FB I have.
  • Fly harder! Crash More! Cull my hangar!

JTarmstr

Elite member
I don't do resolutions but my rough goals for 2019 are as follows:

Finish my FTFC 2019 entry and enter the next challenge @rockyboy has planned.

Learn stunt flying and start on a small YouTube channel.

Buy and convert a guillows 900 series airplane.

Build ben harbers F-16, and if it works, kilroy07's SR-71.

TooJung2Die

Master member
My goals are to join the AMA and try to find a local club that'll have me as a member. :p

Design a micro foamboard plane I can fly in my backyard. For those days when you just can't get to a field.

Does it have to be "micro"? My backyard slow floater design has a 40" wing. It flies more than all my other airplanes combined.
Jon

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
(1) complete the FTFC19 challenge
(2) attend FF if it's within 8 hour drive
(3) if (2) then bring a big build using the 4 x 10inch-4 blade props I bought last year (but did nothing with) - probably an 10-ish foot C-130.
(4) improve my pattern and 3D flying
(5) Design , build, fly, crash, repeat.

kilroy07

Legendary member
My goals for 2019 (in order) are;

#1. Finish my FTFC project this year!!!

#2. Design, build and share the plans for the DTFB Sr-71

#3. Get to Flite Fest (be my second year) and bring wife and kids.

#4. Learn how to fly Mustangs. (I really LOVE them, but I am so, so bad at flying them...) :cry:

#5. Print and fly the 3DLabPrint PT-17 (I have the files, just need the time and skill!)

And (if there's any part of the year left...)

#6. Design, build and share the plans for a DTFB B-36

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
1. Finish any unbuilt projects
2. learn to fly pattern aerobatics better
3. get better at 3D (my rollers are still a bit sloppy)
4. fly my quad more
5. fly more jets

Not too terribly difficult to stick to, hopefully I can stay on top of it all.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
0) Build-out a workspace and hanger for this hobby!
1) Complete the all of the FTFC19 challenge submissions
2) Increase the Build-ruary contest participation this year.
3) Attend FliteFest East
4) Actually build a waterproof model for the April Showers contest.
5) Build a working quad! (com'mon TRYO99)
6) finish all started Plane projects by close of year
7) Entice the Kids to fly more.