2019 RC Resolutions

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So with all the year end reflections and resolution discussions I keep hearing on the RC podcasts I listen to, I got to thinking it would be fun for the forum community to share some resolutions for 2019 - and then we can come check on each other at the end of the year and see how things turned out.

So a few RC/hobby things on my list for 2019

1. Finish and maiden my FW-42 project
2. Get to FliteFest
3. Fly every month (I'll count 1 hour of simulator time for this since I haven't even opened a sim program in 2018)
4. Build a biplane for my club's summer bipe contest
5. Learn to fly the AMA Club Class pattern sequence.
6. Design and release a new plan to the forum.
7. Find someone in my club to take over as president for 2020.

So what things do you have on your 2019 hobby list?

Last edited:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
So with all the year end reflections and resolution discussions I keep hearing on the RC podcasts I listen to, I got to thinking it would be fun for the forum community to share some resolutions for 2019 - and then we can come check on each other at the end of the year and see how things turned out.

So a few RC/hobby things on my list for 2019

<snip>

Wow! Quite ambitious. Although I'm not much for resolutions, I'll give it a go:

1) Make some complete flights with an EDF jet. Or at least find a snake bite kit that works :rolleyes:;

2) Make it to Flite Fest East;

3) Teach at least one person to fly (probably the hardest one to make happen).

4) Build and fly at least one non-foamy model (I have my EVA Bipe to do, but I'd really like a big bomber that I can treat like a fighter)

Keno

Keep on top of club safety issues as I now have the title of safety officer for next 2 years. Keep building airplanes for club raffles to be used as an incentify (sp) for a member to donate to field maintenance. (5 bucks turns into 20 plus). Fly as much as I can and enjoy the comradeship fellow fliers. Oh dang, forgot about working on home yard work and "Honey do's" when extra time allows.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
ITS A TRAP!!!! 😁

I learned decades ago to avoud resolutions and all the pressure that comes with them.

I have made one and stuck to it. In 1978 I resolved to never make a new years resolution and have faithfully stuck to it.

Now I just call them goals. 🎓
Congrats on the win!

Now give us a goal for the year :p

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have made one and stuck to it. In 1978 I resolved to never make a new years resolution and have faithfully stuck to it.
I agree with @PsyBorg, I resolved to make no more resolutions.

My goals,
1 Fly as much as I can, build as much as I can & crash as little as possible.
2 Teach as many to fly as I can.
3 Enjoy my friends, both new & old.

Always remember; Life is hard, God is good. Don’t confuse the two.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Congrats on the win!

Now give us a goal for the year :p

At my age and condition my only goals are waking up each day. Anything after that is a bonus.

I want to start doing custom builds so I am starting a project after Christmas as a test case.

I see a lot of people struggling with quad builds so I may do a build service for people in need that dont want cookie cutter slap together pre builds.

See where that leads.

mayan

Legendary member
Trying to convince family or friends fly with me but no real luck.. Be way more fun with friends to fly with!
I agree that it’s much more fun flying with friends if they are actually in the air flying with you not just looking at you fly. Which is the case with me at the moment. In these cases I still prefer to go alone and be on a stress free environment to fly, crash and learn.

jaredstrees

Wow! Quite ambitious. Although I'm not much for resolutions, I'll give it a go:

1) Make some complete flights with an EDF jet. Or at least find a snake bite kit that works :rolleyes:;

2) Make it to Flite Fest East;

3) Teach at least one person to fly (probably the hardest one to make happen).

4) Build and fly at least one non-foamy model (I have my EVA Bipe to do, but I'd really like a big bomber that I can treat like a fighter)
Try the grunjet from Grifflyer on the EDF. Or the Viggen if you want bigger. Both are fairly easy fliers. I learned on the grunjet. Second was the viggen. You can slow them both way down, but they will tear up the skies if you want.

And build that EVA bipe! I love mine, she is such a sweet flyer.

jaredstrees

No huge goals for me this year. Several things I'd like to work on though.

Get my Tower Hobbies P-51 air worthy again.

Build two balsa planes.

design a micro foamboard plane I can fly in my backyard. For those days when you just can't get to a field.

Other than that, just enjoy the hobby, learn more and help where I can.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Mine are:

Finish rebuilding my 500 size Apache Gunship
Finish my 600 size OH-58A Kiowa Project
Finish my C-47 in time for the D-Day 75th Anniversary
Finish and fly my FTFC entry (Naboo Star Skiff)
Travel to at least one new RC event (not local)

basslord1124

Master member
My big ones for 2019 are:

1) Fly More...since the birth of our daughter in Dec 2017, my attention has mainly been her and just limiting my RC stuff to just building. So in 2019, I want to finish up some of the loose ends on these builds and actually fly them.
2) Start a balsa kit build...don't really care if I just glue 2 pieces together, just as long as I at least start on it and make some progress.

jaredstrees

I don't know how small you're looking for but you could try to design something like the mini bipe here I am flying it in a really small area.
I actually wanted to buy a couple of those, but alas, waited too long. But that is the idea. I was thinking of starting with something I know is proven. Scaling down and modifying the das little stick. But we will see. I do love bipes.