2020 IS Hindsight!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'm looking for FF West '21.

HIGHLY doubt we'll have a FFW 2021 - most of the West Coast is under lockdown currently due to COVID, and I don't see it getting any better with the attitudes of people here in SoCal saying, "I don't trust the vaccine!" and hating the governor. You put it in NV, AZ, OR, or WA, now you've got all the CA people traveling and highly likely they'll bring it to wherever FFW is held.

While I want a FFW, I just don't see it happening this year.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
HIGHLY doubt we'll have a FFW 2021 - most of the West Coast is under lockdown currently due to COVID, and I don't see it getting any better with the attitudes of people here in SoCal saying, "I don't trust the vaccine!" and hating the governor. You put it in NV, AZ, OR, or WA, now you've got all the CA people traveling and highly likely they'll bring it to wherever FFW is held.

While I want a FFW, I just don't see it happening this year.
I agree with that, definitely not this year. I meant in general though. Like maybe sometime next year or something they can come up with a good location. They have the entire west coast so there has to be a good venue for the event.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I agree with that, definitely not this year. I meant in general though. Like maybe sometime next year or something they can come up with a good location. They have the entire west coast so there has to be a good venue for the event.

I'd offer up our field, but we don't have the room for onsite camping, and we're right by a major freeway. We get ONE flight over the freeway by a new pilot or someone who wants to "explore" and not follow the rules, and we'd be shut down permanently.

But if they ever DO decide to do a FFW, I'll be there, if health issues/concerns don't stop me.