• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2021 Piper Cub Build Challenge Finishers (not complete yet)

Taildragger

Legendary member

Attachments

Last edited:

Bo123

Elite member
Can you please point out that mine was unfortunately unfinished, however did fly, for about 30 seconds, until it was blown by the wind, into the ground.

quorneng

Master member
Interesting model Simon, flies pretty well too
It is actually now pretty old. It was my first plane that has no spar in the wings, they are just built out of 2mm Depron and are simply glued to the side of fuselage meaning the balsa struts take the vast majority of the flight loads, just as they do in the full size.
Not really a Flight Test foam board plane but more a super lightweight so not really eligible in the competition.

Taildragger

Legendary member
It is actually now pretty old. It was my first plane that has no spar in the wings, they are just built out of 2mm Depron and are simply glued to the side of fuselage meaning the balsa struts take the vast majority of the flight loads, just as they do in the full size.
Not really a Flight Test foam board plane but more a super lightweight so not really eligible in the competition.
No this competition was anything. even balsa :LOL: