• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2021 Piper Cub Build Challenge!

When should the deadline be?

• October 1st

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • November 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • December 1st

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Pretty basic challenge. Mostly just build any piper cub and fly it. More requirements/challenges coming soon. (Don't worry I won't be like @Hondo76251 and make them hard on the airframe lol)

So far all I have is:

Requirements:
1: Must be a cub manufactured by Piper Aircraft Company.

Challenges (for a score):
1. STOLability- Doesn't need big bushwheels, but demonstrate that you don't need the whole runway for takeoffs and landings.
2. Slow Flying- "The aircraft has a simple, lightweight design which gives it good low-speed handling properties and short-field performance."*
3. Ease of Use- "The Cub was designed as a trainer."*

Challenges (extra credit):
1. being a workhorse- "commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing"*
2. *NOT RECOMMENDED BUT WELCOME* Payload challenge- see how much weight your airframe can handle!

*Wikipedia

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Pretty basic challenge. Mostly just build any piper cub and fly it. More requirements/challenges coming soon. (Don't worry I won't be like @Hondo76251 and make them hard on the ariframe lol)

So far all I have is:

Requirements:

Challenges:
1. STOLability- Doesn't need big bushwheels, but demonstrate that you don't need the whole runway for takeoffs and landings.
I'll enter with my piper j3-ish fb four stroke hover cub in the making.... that is also clipped wing:D

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Pretty basic challenge. Mostly just build any piper cub and fly it. More requirements/challenges coming soon. (Don't worry I won't be like @Hondo76251 and make them hard on the airframe lol)

So far all I have is:

Requirements:

Challenges (for a score):
2. Slow Flying- "The aircraft has a simple, lightweight design which gives it good low-speed handling properties and short-field performance."*
3. Ease of Use- "The Cub was designed as a trainer."*

Challenges (extra credit):
1. being a workhorse- "commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing"*
2. *NOT RECOMMENDED BUT WELCOME* Payload challenge- see how much weight your airframe can handle!

*Wikipedia
We’ll see, I may enter in this group build, I’ll have to see. I’m currently working on my ultra stick, but after that I may join. I just need to decide what I want to build for my magnum .61. Originally I was thinking something more sporty/borderline 3D but who knows, a cub might be acceptable.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
i'm in.... i will see if i can find time though....
i am doing a good old j3, with some unique mods for the wing.....
standard ft style fuse, for simplicity, and a really cool wing style.
let's see how it goes....
will have a 1.1m -1.2 m wingspan.