Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Tench745

Master member
Very close to the end, about to stick a piece of foam on the front of that cowl and get it shaped. Windscreen and side windows look pretty good, last bits of vinyl are on and I'm pretty happy with that. Hopefully it doesn't take very long to shape that piece so that I can have this ready to clear coat tomorrow night.
View attachment 209681 View attachment 209682 View attachment 209683 View attachment 209684 View attachment 209685
That is simply a gorgeous tri-pacer build.
Have you thought about putting a layer or two of paperless foam on that first former and carving it to a nice curve?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
That is simply a gorgeous tri-pacer build.
Have you thought about putting a layer or two of paperless foam on that first former and carving it to a nice curve?
yep that was the plan, XPS foam specifically , just finished a first coat of paint.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Here's the front end , worked out awesome!
IMG_20211014_185816528.jpg
IMG_20211014_202745828.jpg
IMG_20211014_204311492_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211014_204345956.jpg
IMG_20211014_204355786.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
We have achieved maiden! I know, I know, "Video, or it didn't happen..." Well the film is currently being developed and I'll post the proof up later on. I did not swap out the landing gear, and I'm not sure if that was hampering my rolling take off. I've seen other people post here on the forums about how it is tough to get off the ground. I would have to agree. I could stand to prop up a bit, or bump up to 4S. Once I got it in the air, It was not the easiest plane to fly. Was expecting it to be more like a trainer, than a handful. Made a few passes, at mid to high throttle, and it definitely likes more speed. Again, I could use more prop, or 4S to help with that. Running a 3S 1300mah, so not like I was overly weighted down. After it was in the air, I asked one of the guys at the field to get some footage. I may need to bleep out a word or two. The guys at the field were asking how it was flying, and I bluntly said it flew like complete :poop:. About that time I decided to try out the hidden feature that was installed. I had a LemonRX 7-channel stabilized RX laying around for a LOONNNNGGGG time and it never found a home. Being short on PWM RXes at the moment, i figured "why not?". Took off in full manual to trim things out. So after a few passes around the field and getting a bit of altitude, I flipped the Gyro stabilization on (CH5-Gear). OH HOLY COW! It was night and day different. Smooth as butter. It did oscillate a bit at higher speeds, so I turned the master gains (CH8 - AUX3) back a notch till it smoothed out. About that time, The sun also came out from behind the clouds and did a golden hour shining on the golden plane. Made a few more passes around the field till my flight timer went off. Always better to have a conservatively short timer on maiden than run out of battery. Wish I had made one or two more passes to test the Flapperons out. Instead I just flipped the flaps down on final which was not a good idea. Ended up with a non destructive cartwheel landing. Would have probably rolled out smooth even without the flaps but wanted to go extra slow for shiggles.

Off to download the Video from my buddy's server.... Back soon.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
We have achieved maiden! I know, I know, "Video, or it didn't happen..." Well the film is currently being developed and I'll post the proof up later on. I did not swap out the landing gear, and I'm not sure if that was hampering my rolling take off. I've seen other people post here on the forums about how it is tough to get off the ground. I would have to agree. I could stand to prop up a bit, or bump up to 4S. Once I got it in the air, It was not the easiest plane to fly. Was expecting it to be more like a trainer, than a handful. Made a few passes, at mid to high throttle, and it definitely likes more speed. Again, I could use more prop, or 4S to help with that. Running a 3S 1300mah, so not like I was overly weighted down. After it was in the air, I asked one of the guys at the field to get some footage. I may need to bleep out a word or two. The guys at the field were asking how it was flying, and I bluntly said it flew like complete :poop:. About that time I decided to try out the hidden feature that was installed. I had a LemonRX 7-channel stabilized RX laying around for a LOONNNNGGGG time and it never found a home. Being short on PWM RXes at the moment, i figured "why not?". Took off in full manual to trim things out. So after a few passes around the field and getting a bit of altitude, I flipped the Gyro stabilization on (CH5-Gear). OH HOLY COW! It was night and day different. Smooth as butter. It did oscillate a bit at higher speeds, so I turned the master gains (CH8 - AUX3) back a notch till it smoothed out. About that time, The sun also came out from behind the clouds and did a golden hour shining on the golden plane. Made a few more passes around the field till my flight timer went off. Always better to have a conservatively short timer on maiden than run out of battery. Wish I had made one or two more passes to test the Flapperons out. Instead I just flipped the flaps down on final which was not a good idea. Ended up with a non destructive cartwheel landing. Would have probably rolled out smooth even without the flaps but wanted to go extra slow for shiggles.

Off to download the Video from my buddy's server.... Back soon.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Yeahhhhhh!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Oh Man!!!! That is the most beautiful plane I've ever seen, WOW!!:love::love:....
That is magnificent...:love::love::love::love::love::love:
Please please 🙏🙏 tell me that you are going to release plans 🙏... Seriously Man you've outdone yourself this time....
I could say it a million times over, Absolutely Magnificent :love:
I don't have a full set of plans done up on the computer, I basically started with a few pieces that I created on the computer, the wing, rudder and elevator and a fuse and then used the full scale balsa plans for the formers and placement etc., I did save the patterns that I made during the build for skins and most other pieces. If you are up for the build I can post what I have on the computer for plans , decals etc. and could scan whatever pieces you may need that I have , and could walk you through the build if you like. Its fairly straightforward, the balsa plans are an excellent reference for all the necessary parts and placement etc. and I think with the pics I have posted here it should be fairly easy to figure out.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I don't have a full set of plans done up on the computer, I basically started with a few pieces that I created on the computer, the wing, rudder and elevator and a fuse and then used the full scale balsa plans for the formers and placement etc., I did save the patterns that I made during the build for skins and most other pieces. If you are up for the build I can post what I have on the computer for plans , decals etc. and could scan whatever pieces you may need that I have , and could walk you through the build if you like. Its fairly straightforward, the balsa plans are an excellent reference for all the necessary parts and placement etc. and I think with the pics I have posted here it should be fairly easy to figure out.
Yes please 👌👌

Taildragger

Legendary member
Oh Man!!!! That is the most beautiful plane I've ever seen, WOW!!:love::love:....
That is magnificent...:love::love::love::love::love::love:
Please please 🙏🙏 tell me that you are going to release plans 🙏... Seriously Man you've outdone yourself this time....
I could say it a million times over, Absolutely Magnificent :love:
imo the best planes don't have plans