Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
When I was five ( a very long time ago ), my father built his first R/C, a 59"WS Sterling Tripacer. I was hooked on anything that flies ever since.
I actually came across those plans but they were incomplete, good enough to build a kit from but not enough to get a scratch build out of it.I think I can redeem my Beaver build failure with this one. I found a really nice set of Balsa plans to convert so it will be another Balsa-Foamboard hybrid . These were the sterling plans I came across and actually it looks like everything is there. Pretty sure its the plane you remember , 58.75 inch wingspan

Attachments

• piper_tri_pacer.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
i'm in.... i will see if i can find time though....
i am doing a good old j3, with some unique mods for the wing.....
standard ft style fuse, for simplicity, and a really cool wing style.
let's see how it goes....
will have a 1.1m -1.2 m wingspan.
i'm going to build it as scale as possible...
hopefully I'll also be able to release plans.
but one thing that it will have is the ridge down it's tail.... and a scale nose...

cyclone3350

Master member
I actually came across those plans but they were incomplete, good enough to build a kit from but not enough to get a scratch build out of it.I think I can redeem my Beaver build failure with this one. I found a really nice set of Balsa plans to convert so it will be another Balsa-Foamboard hybrid . These were the sterling plans I came across and actually it looks like everything is there. Pretty sure its the plane you remember , 58.75 inch wingspan

That is the one I was referring to.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Not understanding the ridge down the tail thing, not seeing that in any pics I look at.
The rib on the top is what he's talking about. I'll cover over it and it'll give the cub a less boxy look. The rudder will meet the rib and make a continuous Line.

Attachments

• 20210830_215402.jpg
    20210830_215402.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
The rib on the top is what he's talking about. I'll cover over it and it'll give the cub a less boxy look. The rudder will meet the rib and make a continuous Line.
By the way, I'll be finishing up the tail surfaces by cap stripping the perimeter inorder to give the covering something to stick to then I'll move onto the wing. Realistically Il probably have it done in two weeks.