Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

cyclone3350

Master member
I try not to keep everything, but I don't have any 6mm stuff left (Which is the good stuff), so I need to save any useful piece to finish the fuselage.

Yes it is. I save all my depron scraps. I Can not believe that depron is gone. It looks like U R not to far from a maiden.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
How do U like using that Oracal 651?
Funny thing just popped to my attention, the vinyl stickers included with the FT kits is Oracal 631...
IMG_20210905_113446757_HDR.jpg

Bo123

Elite member
Yes it is. I save all my depron scraps. I Can not believe that depron is gone. It looks like U R not to far from a maiden.
I still need to work out the power system, and find some wire for the landing gear, which I don't have. Going for a SunnySky X2212 1400kv, 8x6 prop, and a 40A esc. Some futaba servos in the back, and something else for the wings. Will try to do some flaps too.

cyclone3350

Master member
I have a couple of windscreen patterns if anyone is interested. They most likely won't fit exactly, but should be a good starting point to try and modify as necessary. U can get and idea of how I did this on my thread. https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...cub-and-time-to-change-my-avatar.68115/page-2 The first one is of my 1/4 scale and is of that size. The other one is a factory drawing of a J4 and might be more fitting for the Super Cruiser. I have know idea as to what scale this was scanned in, but it fits an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. They R both in a PDF.

Attachments

• j3_windscreen_pattern.pdf
    171.2 KB · Views: 0
  • j4_windscreen_pattern.pdf
    321.2 KB · Views: 0

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I have a couple of windscreen patterns if anyone is interested. They most likely won't fit exactly, but should be a good starting point to try and modify as necessary. U can get and idea of how I did this on my thread. https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...cub-and-time-to-change-my-avatar.68115/page-2 The first one is of my 1/4 scale and is of that size. The other one is a factory drawing of a J4 and might be more fitting for the Super Cruiser. I have know idea as to what scale this was scanned in, but it fits an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. They R both in a PDF.
Thanks! Might need one as I don't want to use the good one in my Carl Goldberg cub kit.

Bo123

Elite member
I have already done my wind screen, but thanks.

cyclone3350

Master member
I went with a dual elevator servo and a rudder pull pull set up. Made a servo tray and had to do some butchering of the airframe to make the elevators control rods work. Re enforced what was cut away from the airframe with some 1/8 balsa and satisfied with how this worked out.

IMG_4827.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4825.JPG
    IMG_4825.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4828.JPG
    IMG_4828.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4831.JPG
    IMG_4831.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

Bo123

Elite member
I am having to pause my build for a couple of weeks. I am moving somewhere where I can have a huuuge workbench and do whatever I want, rather than being confined to a small desk. And there is also enough space to fly some smaller aircraft so I look out for some mighty minis in the future. See you all then.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah, the takeoffs will definitely be interesting. My main thing against them is that they're way to fast to be scale, and they fly very meh. I like a cub with some character like the big horizon orange carbon cub. That thing'll float around, do one wheel landings, hammer heads and not even care, where as the eflite one will snap without warning but the do look terrific if you can get em off the ground
The orange one is awesome, I love mine!