Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Taildragger

Legendary member
Pretty basic challenge. Mostly just build any piper cub and fly it. More requirements/challenges coming soon. (Don't worry I won't be like @Hondo76251 and make them hard on the airframe lol)

So far all I have is:

Requirements:
1: Must be a cub manufactured by Piper Aircraft Company.

Challenges (for a score):
1. STOLability- Doesn't need big bushwheels, but demonstrate that you don't need the whole runway for takeoffs and landings.
2. Slow Flying- "The aircraft has a simple, lightweight design which gives it good low-speed handling properties and short-field performance."*
3. Ease of Use- "The Cub was designed as a trainer."*

Challenges (extra credit):
1. being a workhorse- "commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing"*
2. *NOT RECOMMENDED BUT WELCOME* Payload challenge- see how much weight your airframe can handle!

*Wikipedia

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Pretty basic challenge. Mostly just build any piper cub and fly it. More requirements/challenges coming soon. (Don't worry I won't be like @Hondo76251 and make them hard on the ariframe lol)

So far all I have is:

Requirements:

Challenges:
1. STOLability- Doesn't need big bushwheels, but demonstrate that you don't need the whole runway for takeoffs and landings.
I'll enter with my piper j3-ish fb four stroke hover cub in the making.... that is also clipped wing:D

Taildragger

Legendary member
Last edited:

Taildragger

Legendary member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_Aircraft There's a full list of Pipers airplanes here
thats actually where I was gtting it from lol
1630438257830.png

Anyways it has to be in the cub family so not the cherokees, archers, seminoles, etc.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Pretty basic challenge. Mostly just build any piper cub and fly it. More requirements/challenges coming soon. (Don't worry I won't be like @Hondo76251 and make them hard on the airframe lol)

So far all I have is:

Requirements:

Challenges (for a score):
2. Slow Flying- "The aircraft has a simple, lightweight design which gives it good low-speed handling properties and short-field performance."*
3. Ease of Use- "The Cub was designed as a trainer."*

Challenges (extra credit):
1. being a workhorse- "commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing"*
2. *NOT RECOMMENDED BUT WELCOME* Payload challenge- see how much weight your airframe can handle!

*Wikipedia
We’ll see, I may enter in this group build, I’ll have to see. I’m currently working on my ultra stick, but after that I may join. I just need to decide what I want to build for my magnum .61. Originally I was thinking something more sporty/borderline 3D but who knows, a cub might be acceptable.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
i'm in.... i will see if i can find time though....
i am doing a good old j3, with some unique mods for the wing.....
standard ft style fuse, for simplicity, and a really cool wing style.
let's see how it goes....
will have a 1.1m -1.2 m wingspan.