2022-2023 Winter Build Projects ***Official***

Yankee2003

I should really do a large project sometime hmm……. My current build is a Scale foamboard ARS300. View attachment 233367
Just need the cowling to be designed n cad and printed. Gonna fly it soon, going to be a 30 degree on sunday so maybe then.

30 degrees ?!?……I applaud your commitment. Plane looks nice. I am interested in you metal motor mount. Is that something you fabricated?

b-29er

Currently in the midst of re-designing my 2021 combat aircraft to answer multiple deficiencies, such as:
-What is landing gear?
-Why did I need to put 6lbs of battery sand in the nose to get a proper CG
-why did the wings weigh so much (think they're 10lbs a piece)
-Were the engines putting out the rated 12lbs each?
pictured, 2021 combat plane.
1672507264685.png

Yankee2003

Currently in the midst of re-designing my 2021 combat aircraft to answer multiple deficiencies, such as:
-What is landing gear?
-Why did I need to put 6lbs of battery sand in the nose to get a proper CG
-why did the wings weigh so much (think they're 10lbs a piece)
-Were the engines putting out the rated 12lbs each?
pictured, 2021 combat plane.
View attachment 233434
I hope to see the redesign flying combat at FF2023. It is always more fun with the ”heavies” mixing it up in the chaos.

Hoomi

Master member
I ordered the Power Pack for my FT Edge this weekend, so should have it this week. In the meantime, I pulled the electronics out of my first Alpha build, due to bad warping and delaminating on the unpainted Dollar Tree white foamboard, and built a second one from the SBK. Since our club is playing host to a STEM event this coming weekend, I wanted a flyable Alpha, since that series was designed by STEM students.

I took inspiration for the paint scheme from the USAF's newest trainer, the T7-A Redhawk, for this Alpha. It gives it a scale look, and the red tail should provide excellent in-flight visibility. I need to ask my Better Half to cut some USAF decals on her Cricut machine, to finish off the deco.

Attachments

• Alpha1.jpg
    Alpha1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Alpha2.jpg
    Alpha2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
last project soon ready... build started as a American aircraft: 35`Kinner C-7 Envoy (who was made in 6 ex. 3 for the US Marines VIP) changed a little with the oldest prototype without cowling, just a Townsend ring. a few more windows/passenger space. And a Western Air Express livery.

Attachments

• 1702123388792.jpg
    1702123388792.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0