2023 Spring Sprint Challenge

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
My entry into the 2023 Spring Sprint Wrap-Up Challenge.

To Finish:
  • DarkUrple Foam Wonder - Completed 4/21/23
    (Unnamed Wonder variant (Started build on 12/15/2022))
  • Bloody Baron #1 (Group build from Flite Fest 2021, July 16)
  • Bloody Baron #2 (Started July 11, 2021)
  • may add more...so many unfinished builds...
To Fix:
  • FT G-44 Widgeon Elevator (cracked hinge line)

Wonder is essentially in kit form yet, but I did build the tail to figure out the proof-of-concept. Still need to cut out the wing panels and spars too.
1677860455396.png
Barons need electronics and final assembly. Will likely die in combat over Furey Field in June!
1677860721557.png

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That logo is from one of my all-time favorite bands. I just love the Celtic knot style they used and BB also works for Bloody Baron. Extra point for you if you figure out what band it is without googling it.

luvmy40

Elite member
That logo is from one of my all-time favorite bands. I just love the Celtic knot style they used and BB also works for Bloody Baron. Extra point for you if you figure out what band it is without googling it.
Breaking Benjamin

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I cut their logo in a piece of carbon fiber for a keychain a few years ago. Always thought it was cool.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Still in the air for FF this year. May be helping out at a charity event that weekend. Short drive up from Columbus for me, so I still may be able to get there for one day.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Not a lot of progress on any builds lately, but in true procrastination fashion, I've added a couple more projects to the list. lol.
Master Series F-16 Pre-production kit that I received from John Overstreet. Finally have a 6S EDF system to put in it, so the build can continue. Started this one in September 2021.
1681481942199.png

Twisted Hobbies 39" EPP Crack Yak-55 HCG. I bought it used at least 2 or 3 years ago and have yet to fly it. Maybe this will be the year.
1681482088145.png

Last edited:

AgentC

Elite member
Saw them live in Toronto a few years back. One of my all-time favourites!