2023 Spring Sprint Wrap-Up Challenge

FlyingTyger

Elite member
Do you have a partly finished project, or like me several partially finished projects? How about a significantly damaged or time-worn model that you have been avoiding repairing? If so why not enter it (or more) into this challenge and give yourself an extra incentive to get it finished.

In particular how about any of the many uncompleted models from @FoamyDM 's Build-ruary Challenge. Surely they are worth finishing after all the hard work but missing the end date?

Challenge Guidelines
- Project must have been physically started prior to March 1. (one actual part must exist)
- Projects must be finished by April 30th. Models are NOT required to have flown by then.
- Points will be awarded per the scoring list below

- 1 point per month of age (from the original start date to March 1)
- 5 points for creating/finishing a detailed build thread on the forum
- 5, 3, and 1 bonus points to the top three scorers of a poll that will be posted on the wrap-up thread following the challenge.
(I will need a good still picture of your model for this poll)

The winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the FT Store from me.

Just post your wish to enter on this thread, and if you already have a build log running please post a link to it. If you don't already have a build log, I encourage you to start one. You do not HAVE to have a build log, but if not please post details of the model and confirm your wish to enter it on this thread.

Note that this is not restricted to models which were entered in previous challenges. ANY unfinished or refurbishment project, which is hanging about your workshop qualifies. The aim is to encourage the completion of those stalled builds or to get those damaged or time-worn models back in the air. There can never be too many finished models in the world.

FlyingTyger

Elite member
I will be the first to throw a hat in the ring with my Build-ruary/RCPlaneLab Electro Streak build.
LINKY

20230226_214901.jpg 20230226_220616.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Last edited:

cyclone3350

Master member

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
2 months... Hmm :unsure:
I have a number of "lost" projects.
  • FDM Robotech VF-7
  • FDM The Spruce Gosling
  • FDM Flying Submarine.
  • FDM Flying Dump Truck
  • No waste flying wing. (Controls were weak)
  • FDM MS Synergy Boxtail(tm)
  • FDM J-1000
  • FDM AeroCar
  • FDM Drachen flieger (motors)
  • FDM SR-72 (full throttle)
  • S-Diy F-117
  • Julius Perdana - B-2

Many of these are electronics away. A few are a complete rebuild.

Here is my page link
Spring spring wrap-up.FoamyDM

Last edited:

Yankee2003

I’m in with my MS Spitfire for sure.

Last edited:

FlyingTyger

Elite member
I have three that I need to finish this year, Hopefully I can have one done by April 30th.

1/5 Gee Bee https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/1-5-scale-gee-bee-model-d-from-foam-to-balsa.69228/
This is the one I should have done by the 30th.

BD5-J https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/90-mm-edf-007-james-bond-micro-jet.69889/

1/9 Fieseler Storch - No build thread yet, but here is as far as I got.

You and I sure seem to have a shared style of models... I've always been interested in the Storch and also have a kit patiently waiting in the corner for me to build. It's the 95" Dennis Bryant with the articulating gear. Truely my only hesitation is that I don't want to sit and carve the slats to shape. But thanks to the new foam skills I have learned, maybe hotwiring them is the answer :unsure:

FlyingTyger

Elite member
Where to start?!!...??!!!

I'll keep it small and simple with just the foamboard stuff!

To Finish:
FT Simple Stick
FT Bloody Wonder
FT Viggen. Working on since 2016! https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/3d-printed-edf-jet-engine.31709/#post-319854
@AgentC EZ Bronco. (Brushless variant :)

To fix/rebuild:
FT Simple Cub
FT Mini Dart

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: Thread. https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/2023-spring-sprint-wrap-up-litterbug.72823/

You are on the list! You will have quite a collection if you can wrap all of these up...

FlyingTyger

Elite member
2 months... Hmm :unsure:
I have a number of "lost" projects.
  • FDM Robotech VF-7
  • FDM The Spruce Gosling
  • FDM Flying Submarine.
  • FDM Flying Dump Truck
  • No waste flying wing. (Controls were weak)
  • FDM MS Synergy Boxtail(tm)
  • FDM J-1000
  • FDM AeroCar
  • FDM Drachen flieger (motors)
  • FDM SR-72 (full throttle)
  • S-Diy F-117
  • Julius Perdana - B-2

Many of these are electronics away. A few are a complete rebuild.

There are several on this list that I have been waiting to see all finished up. Good luck Matt!

FlyingTyger

Elite member
I’m in with my MS Spitfire for sure.

I think I know what I need to do here; my Dawn Patrol Albatross DV.a:

View attachment 235869

I'm glad I racked up some experience in making a dis-assembleable plane. I really don't have room for any more 'whole' planes. 😂

Good thing I didn't make a start on that Mirage EDF, really. I would have been at capacity!

I will probably be fixing up my p26 v1 and designing a v2 in the meantime... I will link the thread later.

Awesome projects guys. I have you all added to the list.

cyclone3350

Master member
You and I sure seem to have a shared style of models... I've always been interested in the Storch and also have a kit patiently waiting in the corner for me to build. It's the 95" Dennis Bryant with the articulating gear. Truely my only hesitation is that I don't want to sit and carve the slats to shape. But thanks to the new foam skills I have learned, maybe hotwiring them is the answer :unsure:

I'm glad to see a thread like this. I started this one in 2015 & I think it's about time to finish. This one is from a very scaled down Paolo Severin plans & I too did the scale gear. I just don't think it's going hold up very well, but it looks cool. Do a thread for sure when U get to the 95"er. I'm sure there R many of us who would like to see. Oh yeah, the slats, thanks for giving me anxiety about going back to this one:eek:. BTW anything new on the Curtiss, I've been checking here & on RCG.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

FlyingTyger

Elite member
I'm glad to see a thread like this. I started this one in 2015 & I think it's about time to finish. This one is from a very scaled down Paolo Severin plans & I too did the scale gear. I just don't think it's going hold up very well, but it looks cool. Do a thread for sure when U get to the 95"er. I'm sure there R many of us who would like to see. Oh yeah, the slats, thanks for giving me anxiety about going back to this one:eek:. BTW anything new on the Curtiss, I've been checking here & on RCG.

A good friend had a 95"er back in the early 2000s. He said that the weak point was the two lower keel mounts on thw landing gear. Even with the spongy scale gear, any hard hit or side load tended to break those mounts.
P5210006.JPG

No progress on the Curtiss as of late. I set it aside to focus on the Build-ruary challenge but will be back on it soon. While I wasn't building, I did acquire some things and did some prep work to start going on the wings.