kacknor

Build another!
I have been looking at this plane but I have a very small car. Pretty much anything is going to have to have the wings come off for transport. I didn't buy the cub because the guy at the hobby shop said the wing struts would not survive always taking the plane apart. How are the mounting points? Plastic? Do you think they would wear out quickly with a lot of use.
Thanks
Robert

I drive a older Ford Focus hatchback and the Tundra fits fine. Flys so sweet I just bought Red, White and Blue one. ;)

20160206_125656.jpg

JD

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I was flying the V1 Tundra I just bought from Notreallyme so he could be a V2 today. It was my third battery through it. It all of a sudden started diving straight for the ground. The plane was totally unresponsive - the plane was too far away to hear the motor but it seemed like I lost signal. I had been in the middle of the discussion on the upset recovery episode when this happened. I thought "well, I don't have anything to lose" and let both sticks to go center and quickly the plane started to gain some lift, I added some elevator and recovered the plane maybe 15' up. I doubt I had much more than a second left to save it. I am not sure what caused the plane to stall but I was able to replicate the stall(with a lot of effort) and recovery.

It is a great plane with a wide flight envelope and normally very forgiving. RCMAN, if you prefer to build your own, do the bushwacker, I have both and they are pretty similar.

kacknor

Build another!
I was flying the V1 Tundra I just bought from Notreallyme so he could be a V2 today. It was my third battery through it. It all of a sudden started diving straight for the ground. The plane was totally unresponsive - the plane was too far away to hear the motor but it seemed like I lost signal. I had been in the middle of the discussion on the upset recovery episode when this happened. I thought "well, I don't have anything to lose" and let both sticks to go center and quickly the plane started to gain some lift, I added some elevator and recovered the plane maybe 15' up. I doubt I had much more than a second left to save it. I am not sure what caused the plane to stall but I was able to replicate the stall(with a lot of effort) and recovery.

It is a great plane with a wide flight envelope and normally very forgiving. RCMAN, if you prefer to build your own, do the bushwacker, I have both and they are pretty similar.

Never really referred to them as v1, v2 as the only difference is the addition of the reversing ESC, but it works. :)

I've also had mine stall and the natural first reaction is to pull the sticks back and try to recover. In fact, I crashed twice this way, once from what I would figure was well into the area of sufficient altitude to be safe. Turns out what you did was the correct thing to do! When the plane stalls immediately trying to pull up again only succeeds in preventing the wing from gaining the airspeed needed to fly again. So, sticks neutral, power on, fly, pull up. Compared to DTFB planes the Tundra is heavy and stall recovery is required reading.

I own three Tundras today. One is a Zombie, dead at least 4 times. Second is a v1 bought right after Zombie died for first time, and is not yet assembled, third is a v2 in Red & Blue dedicated as a pontoon plane for water/snow.

Contemplating hard on the Grand Tundra recently announced. Maybe this fall.

Pretty sure I like this plane. :D

JD