StuartPB

Been wondering what Durafly were going to bring out next. I have the Retro Junior. Looking forward to hearing your views on this new plane :)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Here's an impressively windy condition flight that André has talked about on the FTAH podcasts:

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
That was was a nice unboxing/review as usual. I have been waiting for this plane for a while. Ever since 7demo7 got his i have really wanted a cub. I love doing touch and goes and it looked like the perfect little plane to do that anywhere. Only problem was the sticker price. Recommended parts and plane are over $200. If they can come in around or below $150 im sure they are going to sell very well.

DutchRC

I can't disclose anything price-wise yet regretably.. It will be less expensive then a well-spec'd Funcub though..
Thanks as well offcourse thenated0g! :)

kacknor

Build another!
I have been researching the Fun Cub for a week or three. Still doing it, but all thought of opening the wallet are on hold for this release. Very nice! Just the kind of flying I like. Low, slow, in the weeds and around that tree... Hey, watch this! Dayum. ;)

Thanks for the first looks and videos.

JD

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
nice looking plane, have you flow it yet?

IMG_7529.JPG

kacknor

Build another!
150-210 depending on warehouse.

Was just offered $144 for the plane from the International warehouse. It was $155 the first time i looked, before logging in (Platinum member price I guess, if there was a diamond level...) NOT yet available at a US warehouse. Thought they would release them all at the same time, maybe it's a dateline thing, tomorrow is now in Hong Kong ;) BTW, cheapest shipping was about $90 bucks. So I'm going to check the US sites in the morning.

I think a spare prop and landing gear will also be ordered at the same time. I am going to fly this airplane. ;)

JD

StuartPB

£130 from the UK warehouse after I logged in. I'd have been all over it and had it in the bag, if I hadn't just stumped up £100 for a spare Phantom 3 battery, and £10 for a Micro SD card and USB/Micro SD adapter. Looks like I'll have to hold off which is no problem really as the weather here isn't fit for flying.

kacknor

Build another!
£130 from the UK warehouse after I logged in. I'd have been all over it and had it in the bag, if I hadn't just stumped up £100 for a spare Phantom 3 battery, and £10 for a Micro SD card and USB/Micro SD adapter. Looks like I'll have to hold off which is no problem really as the weather here isn't fit for flying.

$179 plus change at US warehouse this morning. ;) On Order!

JD

kacknor

Build another!
The plane has it's own (Borrowed) Theme Song... I haven't actually spent money on a new store-bought plane in more than a year. I'm looking forward to this. I did order ski's also, and the spare prop and Landing gear assembly. Those from the International site.

JD

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
$179 plus change at US warehouse this morning. ;) On Order!

JD
That's what I paid at the east warehouse, surprised and delighted to see FedEx cheaper that postal :D

Great job Dutch, Andre, and after hours podcast crew for covering this product! :applause:

Justin

kacknor

Build another!
Sooo! Maiden flight time for my Tundra from HobbyKing then! The sun was out, but so was the wind! :D haha Take a look how the plane coped with that ;)

[

Thank you DutchRC, for the reviews and video! Also for expanding my knowledge of nautical terms such as Beaufort Scale wind measurement!! ;) That was a healthy amount of wind, more than I would allow for a maiden. I will be using a stabilizer, it's been in the bench box too long. We have wind in Ohio quite a bit too.

HK East in the US + FedEx = Order yesterday, wait today, have tomorrow. Nice.

JD