• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

25% FT Red Bull Xtra

This is how far along my 25% FT Red Bull Xtra has come along since last year. It started out as an Edge is now an Xtra since redoing wing panels , check out the air foiled tail feathers, have yet to see this done with dollar tree foam board? so I figured I would give it a try plus they are removable for storage, this thing is BIG! This project has in no ways been an instant gratification project but well worthy of the work to get a more realistic model ! Plan on documenting my next build with details .

Attachments

Wow! I'd be scared to fly something that big and pretty!
Yup me to, it's been a project, I started it 5 yrs ago, had built up the fuse and wings then it sat up until about 2 months ago. I've built new wing panels for it as I didn't like the airfoil of the original ones I had built. All that's left to build is ailerons.

Attachments

Got the landing gear on this beast today and got to test the motor, NTM Propdrive 380kv 5060 with an 18x8 E prop WOT 43 amps on a 6s 4500 mah 30c Had to really hang on!!!, varying the throttle back n forth i ran it till the 6s came down to storage, about 9.5 minuets, not to bad. Now if I could only kick this builders block thing i have going on I could finish the wing panels!

Attachments