250g and under planes

OliverW

Legendary member
Post all your 250g and under planes here! I'll start it off with my new 70% baby blender. @BATTLEAXE @The Hangar @Grifflyer @buzzbomb @Wildthing
20200223_200245.jpg

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I will be getting back into the minis in a bit, gotta get some gear. But count me in (y)
I have a bag of 5 new 4.7g servos I’m gonna use in one of @Grifflyer ’s designs. I’m definitely going to be building his mini ms spitfire, but I’m also eyeing the shrubby... We’ll see.

Whatever the case, I really need some new batteries though, cause my smallest 3s at the moment is a 1000...

speedbirdted

Legendary member
This is kind of old but here's the pond baby! I tried to make a sub 250g seaplane ages ago. Actually worked pretty well though it's underpowered since a 460mA 2s was literally the only battery it would balance correctly with. There is not a lot of room inside this thing.

I did think about maybe publishing plans for it. I also want to build one at 250% scale which would give it a 60" span. If I do build another I think I'll give it a T-tail since it really liked to completely submerge the tail whenever I rotated to take off.

P_20191106_175224_HDR (1).jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
This is kind of old but here's the pond baby! I tried to make a sub 250g seaplane ages ago. Actually worked pretty well though it's underpowered since a 460mA 2s was literally the only battery it would balance correctly with. There is not a lot of room inside this thing.

I did think about maybe publishing plans for it. I also want to build one at 250% scale which would give it a 60" span. If I do build another I think I'll give it a T-tail since it really liked to completely submerge the tail whenever I rotated to take off.

View attachment 159088
That bird is beautiful! Awesome job!