250g and under planes

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I built a tiny trainer glider for one of my boys, did a little slope soaring with it even, but when i flew it I'd have to switch it back! I can fly without ailerons, but I can't fly with my right stick running my rudder! My brain just wouldn't let that work for me... lol
Lol, have you ever tried flying 3 channel with rudder and throttle on the left stick and only elevator on the right stick? It messed with me so much! Trimming was super always cause my plans was pretty out of trim and you can only control one direction at a time - use your left hand to trim the right stick, all of a sudden you can only go up and down, then you try trimming with the right hand and you can’t turn... needless to say my flights that way were pretty short (40 seconds...) :ROFLMAO:

Bricks

Master member
Lol, have you ever tried flying 3 channel with rudder and throttle on the left stick and only elevator on the right stick? It messed with me so much! Trimming was super always cause my plans was pretty out of trim and you can only control one direction at a time - use your left hand to trim the right stick, all of a sudden you can only go up and down, then you try trimming with the right hand and you can’t turn... needless to say my flights that way were pretty short (40 seconds...) :ROFLMAO:

It is why when you do a maiden have somebody standing there in case the trim is so far out. An auction find a HobbyKing Yak 55M for $25 had been fixed once as you could see the repair. The first maiden she was so out of wack I could not let go of any of the sticks to adjust trim, and afraid to land it. My nephew was standing close by yelled at him and told him what to trim and what direction all turned out well in the end came down in one piece. Once down then manually adjusted the pushrods and took trims out of the transmitter and things were much better.

Figure9

Elite member
It is why when you do a maiden have somebody standing there in case the trim is so far out. An auction find a HobbyKing Yak 55M for $25 had been fixed once as you could see the repair. The first maiden she was so out of wack I could not let go of any of the sticks to adjust trim, and afraid to land it. My nephew was standing close by yelled at him and told him what to trim and what direction all turned out well in the end came down in one piece. Once down then manually adjusted the pushrods and took trims out of the transmitter and things were much better.

I’ve seen that technique in action when I maidened my Bloody Mess with a guy from the club doing buddy box for me. Good thing too, I didn’t realize the plane was so out of whack. Another club member just figured it out with nothing even being said, he walked over without asking & trimmed the ailerons just by looking at the thumb sticks. Wednesday regulars, they all know each other’s flying from so many years together in the club.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
That's the only way I can fly a 3 channel that doesn't have ailerons! If my brain knows I'm flying with rudder, I have to use it! I cant swap it to the right stick and pretend I have ailerons!... That's what I mean, my brain wont let it happen! Lol

Battery800

Elite member
Had a sport cub s. Flying it in intermediate when I was taking off, and it suddenly nose dived into the ground without warning. Nose shattered into pieces, wings ripped, motor shaft bent, and a section between the tail and wing tore in half. Needless to say, I got a refund and used it to start into the scratch build world

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
The Tiny Foo

IMG_20200524_182430.jpg

Not quite done yet