2kg/70.5oz of Quadcopter needs HELP!

Adamzki

Hello Flite Test community

I recently got into quadcopters and i really love the idea of building my own. I am going to build my own frame and attach a GoPro Hero 4 to make some cool slow motion videos, but i still want to go fast with it when i don't have a camera on it.

I have everything sorted out except for the motors and props. I am thinking about going with the Turnigy D2830-11 and attaching some 11x4.7 inch carbon fiber props. I tried E Calc but it wont be happy with a 2200mah 3S 11.1v 20-30C battery so if you can recommend a motor that will work with a 2200mah 3S 11.1v 20-30C battery you would be a hero.But all of this is subject to change. (I will also list my other components in the post). PS the motor has to cost 14 dollars MAXIMUM.

Also i wonder what "Throttle (linear)" means in E Calc
Thanks for the help

List of components in the build

Frame: custom
Props: Not decided
Motor: Not decided
LiPo: Already got two 2200mah 3S 11.1v 20-30C LiPo's so i want to use them
ESC: RCTimer 30A OPTO
Flight Controller: OpenPilot CC3D
Transmitter and Receiver:FS-CT6B 6CH (comes with Receiver)

The E Calc Data

Quadcopter.png

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Are you set on something that big and heavy? I run my 3S 2200s on multirotors in the 800 - 900 g range. That is the all up weight including a GoPro.

Adamzki

Are you set on something that big and heavy? I run my 3S 2200s on multirotors in the 800 - 900 g range. That is the all up weight including a GoPro.

What does you're frame look like? I have thought about buying a X525 V3 frame on Ebay. I dont know the weight of the X525 V3 but is a total build weight of 2kg a to big of an estimate?

C0d3M0nk3y

I like the Suppo 2208 1450 KV motors, but those won't work for something that weighs 2.5 times than the multirotor I'm using them on.

Some of the FT power packs use Emax 2213 935 KV motors with 10 inch props. You might want to look at those.

Adamzki

If i just ask, is it possible for you to run you're quadcopter build on the E Calc website and upload the result? Just so i can see what specs i "need" to have a good time with my own quad.

Just if you print you're screen so i have the data or the "remarks"

C0d3M0nk3y

If i just ask, is it possible for you to run you're quadcopter build on the E Calc website and upload the result?

I'm not very familiar with e calc. I believe all of the information you need is listed in the first post of the build thread if you'd like to enter it though.

bikerboy

First of all, your weight estimate is pretty high, I have quads that fully loaded with gimbal/fpv/cam and 6000mAh 4s are not that heavy.

On the other hand, I just built one based on the electrohub, 2830 motors and it is only 800g with a 2100mAh 3s.

The 2200mAh you listed would keep you airborne less than 5 min if you are close to 2kg. (I just saw the ecalc estimate)

So you can go the 2830 size from HK, pretty cheap, and either build lite and use your batteries or get bigger batteries.

HarleyRev

http://www.flybrushless.com/motor/view/462 prop and motor data

like biker boy said with those motors and weight of quad the 2200mah battery wont give you much flite time.

For that battery you should scale down the weight of your quad to 1000 grams total weight and you will get around 8 to 10 minutes of flight time.

good info here too http://flitetest.com/articles/mutli-rotor-building-and-design-tips

Max prop size is determined by the size of your quad
motor size is determined by the overall weight of the quad
ESC's are sized by max amp draw of your motor+20%