2nd RC plane

FrogMasterRC

Ok… so I'm 10 years old and I have an RC 4CH trainer that i've crashed a lot, but now I think I'm ready for a 2nd plane. I know there are all those 1st plane videos on youtube, but i think I'm past the "Super easy trainer" stage. I think could go for something a little more advanced, but not too advanced. I sort of want to buy an ultra micro corsair with as3x, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think could be my 2nd plane?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I think you should build a ft spitfire. It's a great second plane because it's very floaty and has no stall tendencies.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
I think you should build a ft spitfire. It's a great second plane because it's very floaty and has no stall tendencies.

I vote FT Spitfire, as well. It was my first plane ever. For a 4 channel its pretty easy to fly.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Your first plane is the same as Bixler - a good first plane.
Why not go for a similar plane with motor in front and landing gear to learn start and landings?.
Du you have a field for starts and landings?
CUBs are popular but you might also look for something like the Apprentice in style.
I think that you will be fine with an UMX Corsair but that is a totally different style of planes.
A bigger Corsair or a nose gear T-28 might be more fun.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
If you decide to build one, the FT Storch will be out next week. I've seen it flying at Flite Fest. It is going to be a great all-around airplane.

kingbee

hi frogmaster rc

i would go with and Apprentice .like Pgerts say you got to learn how to land and take off cause Corsair is fast and you wouldnt want to cash it . plus Apprentice is very stable more stable then a super cub lp .i have both so i know . there is and other plane called firebird stratos only 3 channel but it has wheels check it out it fly like a bird .