2x tiny trainer

PaulK

Want to build the tiny trainer 2x the size so all the electronics can fit in easier has anyone done this and if so how do I do it

Paracodespoder

Elite member
First of all, the important part here, welcome to the forums and to this crazy awesome hobby :cool:.
Now to give you my thoughts.
You could scale the tiny trainer plans up when printing them (you would have to used the full-sized plans and use Adobe acrobat reader dc or similar to tile and print it), or you could build a simple soarer. The simple soarer would not be twice as large, but it would be easier to build because you would not have to modify the plans at all. Let us know what you do and post some pictures, we like pictures ;). If you run into any problems printing or building post your problem and this great forum will quickly spit out a few helpful suggestions ;).

mayan

Legendary member
@Paracodespoder, I must mention something about the Simple Soarer and is that it's a tricky build and if this is the very first build he is doing and the very first plane that he is flying it's a little hard to get it right the first time. At least that's my thoughts.

FDS

Elite member
The electronics fit in the TT fine, it’s designed to be light, easy to transport and forgiving. Use the recommended parts and it will be a good flyer with a little incidence added to the wing, put a 1mm shim on the leading edge where it sits on the fuselage.
You can scale up as above, if it’s your first build I would get the speedbuild kit, it saves time and comes with all the other parts you need like contol wires and horns. Be sure you have spare power pods and props ready, whatever size you build it, as you will break those leaning.

Arcfyre

Elite member
I wouldn't recommend building it twice as big if it's your first build. You will change the size and dimensions of the powerpod and you'll need to build a custom firewall to fit the motor. If you want a larger glider I'd agree with the above, build a simple soarer. It's a good plane and an easy build.

PaulK

The electronics fit in the TT fine, it’s designed to be light, easy to transport and forgiving. Use the recommended parts and it will be a good flyer with a little incidence added to the wing, put a 1mm shim on the leading edge where it sits on the fuselage.
You can scale up as above, if it’s your first build I would get the speedbuild kit, it saves time and comes with all the other parts you need like contol wires and horns. Be sure you have spare power pods and props ready, whatever size you build it, as you will break those leaning.
Its not my first build. I’ve been building different models all winter waiting for better weather to fly

Reactions: FDS

Paracodespoder

Elite member
@Paracodespoder, I must mention something about the Simple Soarer and is that it's a tricky build and if this is the very first build he is doing and the very first plane that he is flying it's a little hard to get it right the first time. At least that's my thoughts.
I’ve never built it, so if you could enlighten me a little bit, what’s tricky about the simple soarer build?

mayan

Legendary member
I’ve never built it, so if you could enlighten me a little bit, what’s tricky about the simple soarer build?
It’s a harder a build for one. The thin tail part section can easily break during the build which makes you need to either cut a new fuselage or add extra glue. I apparently didn’t balance it out correct and the plane looped on launch. I had to use full up elevator to avoid the loop (sure that’s not how it was supposed to fly) and gain altitude then throttle down to 0 and just enjoyed gliding it down. Don’t get me wrong it’s an amazing glider plane by far my favorite glider plane just wouldn’t recommend it as a first build.