3 Years of Plans

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I officially started drawing the free plans for Flite Test on September 3, 2015. It does not seem possible that it has been 3 years already, but I checked the math, and it is indeed 3 years!

I want to especially thank Josh Bixler for entrusting and honoring me with such an incredible opportunity. Thank you Alex Zvada for putting up with my constant pestering for artwork to add to the plans. Thanks to Austin Furey, Stefan Ostergren, TJ Wiliams, and Chad Lewis for answering my many many questions over the years. To David Windestål, Peter Sripol and Andres Lu, thank you for your inspired designs. And I can't forget my buddy Balu, not only for the German chocolate and endless nose-flute entertainment at Flite Fest, but also for getting the ball rolling to standardize the formatting and tiling of the free plans.

Last, but in no way least, a huge thank you to my Flite Test family (that's all of you guys out there reading this). Your feedback, support, criticism, encouragement, understanding, and patience have helped shape what these plans are today. This is a community effort and there is no way I'd be here without you guys. Thank you for all the kind words of appreciation. Even if I cannot reply to each and every one of them (I do try), they do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. This is an amazing community to be a part of.

Thank you all!

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
1536099385799.png

JTarmstr

Elite member
Sponz. your plans are some of the best drawn I have ever seen in model building and I have used them so far building a Ft Mustang, Cub, and Scout. Thank you for making them for the community and using your skills to share this hobby with others.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Three years huh. Impressive. Thats a lot of work.

Theres still two things missing though :devilish: Have some :coffee: regain some energy an get er done!

Huge thanks mate. I have built three planes now from scratch out of your library and they have been spot on perfect to build from.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Happy Anniversary!
You are truly a blessing to the community.
And a personal thanks for all the hard work you've done to make the sharing of plans easy and efficient!
(Nearly ever plane listed under my tagline is because of your work.) Thanks!
(y)(y)

hotwax

WTG Dan,

thank you for standardising the plans. I learned a lot from you.

For many more plans to come

Werner

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
WTG Dan,

thank you for standardising the plans. I learned a lot from you.

For many more plans to come

Werner

Wow, thanks Werner. That means a lot coming from you. I've learned a lot from your designs too.

lukejackson

great work! always cool to see humans work together and be selfless :)
maybe you could make a post documenting your way of making plans?
i watched the designing foam planes series from nerdnic on youtube, that was very interesting.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You deserve accolades untold, sir. I've appreciated your plans for over a year now, and have built many a plane from them. I've also handed out copies of your plans to people learning to build things - Sparrows, MiG-3s, Versa Wings...Great job, and REALLY, REALLY appreciated. Hash marks/tick marks for alignment on tiled sheets mean EVERYTHING!!!

phiggs54

Thanks for the amazing work. I have all of your plans in a folder on my mac. Have built probably seven and many more are printed and waited to be built and crashed....I mean flown.