PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
I have heard it's actually pretty nice:
I am also going to get it soon, so when I do, I will tell you how it is.

DutchRC

Yes do! :)
Obviously it isn't Perfect, but it sure does fly well :)

Ohw: it's not THE BEST.. but at this price.... I'm pretty sure it Is the best Eachine quad :)

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Yeah I agree. You can't beet the price. This will be my only quad from eachine though, all of their other quads don't seem that good. Great video by the way!

DutchRC

Thanks brother :)
Yeps.. I agree.. I have skipped all their previous offerings.. There's allways Something wrong.. material choice.. specs.. design..

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I ordered one about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully it will be here soon. Optimistic about it, but will see how it deals with my noob thumbs :)

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I ordered one as well, at that price it's really hard to pass up with all the great reviews I've been seeing.

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Sound like soon most of us will have this quad. We should all give our thoughts about it when we get it. By the way, I am going to get the RTF one, not the ARF. I'm curious how good the FS-i6 is...

DutchRC

Ghehe :) I've had ehm 4 FS-I6 radio's by now.. I've had no issues with it really..
And yep.. let me know what you people think :)

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
The biggest thing that I like about this quad is the price. I am only a teenager, so I can't afford all those expensive quads and fat shark goggles and a taranis and things like that. That's why this quad is perfect for me.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Eachine has always been affordable, but the quality has been pretty much rubbish until this one. I hope they continue to improve and keep the prices low.

1nsan1ty

Hi guys, I'm after some feedback on my review of the Eachine Wizard . Assuming you've all received your by now, I'm keen to understand whether you think there's anything I've missed?

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Mine connected via USB to Cleanflight just fine and I'm able to adjust settings. Still fighting to get a receiver signal through - I don't think the problem has anything to do with the quad, just a bad receiver that needs to be replaced.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Mine connected via USB to Cleanflight just fine and I'm able to adjust settings. Still fighting to get a receiver signal through - I don't think the problem has anything to do with the quad, just a bad receiver that needs to be replaced.

Hey rockyboy, did you reflash cleanflight over betaflight? Or are you connecting using CF configurator to the default flashed betaflight on the Wizard?

You can connect CFgui to a BF setup, but I wouldn't trust any writes to it.

They flash betaflight by default to the wizard SPF3. If you really want to take advantage of blheli_s (for dshot 300 which simplifies setup) I would use the latest betaflight.

Joshua Bardwell has a great setup video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7dGCZMJ6SA&t=23s

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Doh!! Serious brain fart - thanks for pointing that out! I assumed in my sleep deprived state that it came Cleanflight flashed. Maybe my receiver isn't fried after all - could be I just horked up my FC software. That'll teach me to try and setup a quad at 2:00am the night before a race :black_eyed:

Thank you very much for the pointer - I'll be reflashing with current BF and tracking through that video :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
OK, flashed BF and all is configured and looking great in the Flight Controller! :applause:

Then I got ambitious and loaded up the BLHeli configurator.

Read Settings showed all 4 ESCs to be a rather old version. So I tried Flash All. ESCs 2,3, and 4 all flashed just fine. ESC 1 did a timeout error. Now ESC 1 doesn't show up in the configurator at all - even after powering off and rebooting everything, the BLHeli configurator is convinced I only have ESCs 2,3, & 4 on my quad. But all 4 of them make the beeps, and all of them work just fine from the BF configurator.

So I recalibrated the ESCs in BF - they all responded quite happily - and I'm really tempted to just go fly it and see how it behaves. Not sure if I really need to replace that one ESC, or if I really need to try and desolder it and flash it independently through an arduino or something.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

DutchRC

Seems like you accidentially ordered that Wizard TRIcopter there Rocky :O
Hmm that sure is weird.. I would at the very least just see how it takes of / hovers.. and take it from there?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I've had to replace one ESC as it mysteriously died in a similar manner. Well, it was actually worse. It wouldn't power up and just got hot. Banggood sent a replacement quick and I'm back in business!