rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Seems like you accidentially ordered that Wizard TRIcopter there Rocky :O

LOL!!

Thanks - I'll drop an order for a replacement and try to fly it anyway until it gets here.

The BLHeli boot tones changed on the new firmware, so it really makes an awful out of tune/time racket when starting up now too. All by itself, it sounds like being in the pits when the race official calls for the next heat to fire up their quads :)

aarongerhart

I was debating between this one, the Diatone Tyrant S, and the GB - x210 package by gearbest.. the diatone has much better reviews than the eachine, but is out of stock for another entire month. I came to find that the GB X210 is/was on flash sale for like $120 off, so I immediately jumped on that. It's got well branded components, like a Runcam Swift, Foxeer tX, Emax 2205's. I'm pretty stoked on it to show up.

DutchRC

That sounds like a deal to me :) I am allso looking forward to the Tyrant S coming back in stock :$ Another month you say?? :( Grrr..

endfim72

Loving the Wizard

I've been flying the Wizard for a month. This was my first quad. The price and nice reviews made me finally bite the bullet and do something other than fixed wing flying. I gotta say that I'm really glad I made the purchase. I followed the Joshua Bardwell's setup video and updated everything right out of the box before flying.

I've had no serious issues other than I did replace some bearings in one motor last night. It was a little clunky out of the box. Since it was getting a bit worse, I slapped some new ones in. I wired up vbat and a buzzer last night while I was at it. I wish this would have been added by Eachine. A small issue is that the antenna can pop off. I gorilla glued the piece that pops out. It's been holding up.

Here's some flight footage from Sunday. It was the first time I strapped my action cam to the quad. I have nothing to compare my flights to, so you be the judge as to how it's flying.

Last edited:

DutchRC

Nice man! Thanks for Your feedback.. I think this is quite a nice quad to start out on indeed.. Some tweaks & upgrades, and you've got a nice flyer for little $$ :)

Fishbonez

Hello All,
Picked one of these up for next to nothing. Lets just say I could not build it for the price they were selling it for as an Almost Ready to Fly (ARF). So after a lot of soldering and resoldering, programming and reprogramming, all due to a mistake I made in cleanflight not the actual quad, see PS yep was a headache. I finally got a chance to maiden it yesterday. Stock on 3S with Spektrum Rx soldered in. Yep need to be 4S next time. Going to be my practice quad.
A good little beginner quad. Going to be my practice quad. Enjoy

PS, You may already know this but just FYI on cleanflight, betaflight or which ever you use, on the ports screen dont disable UART 1 by mistake or for any reason for that matter. Yea its not very productive oh and save yourself a lot of soldering and re-soldering by making a boot pin. I did not have any pins so I was using wire, Aye aye :rolleyes:

DutchRC

I think we can all agree not everything they slab the 'Eachine' label onto is a great product.. This X220 quad though worked out well IMHO..

It's allso on offer.. In case you were interested in the quad allready..
So just FYI: EAchine Wizard X220 ARF