3D Foamie with 2200mAh 3s 30C

orange_rc_pilot

If he can, then so can I!
I have stocked up on 2200mAh 3s 30C batteries. I was wondering if any of you know a good 3D foamie which will accept my batteries, which will ship to UK addresses. I would preferably like a KIT/ARF/PNF/BNF, but not an RTF. Also, I'd rather have something like a scale aerobatic plane, not a profile plane. I am considering the FT 3D, also.

Many thanks.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
take a look at the new 3DHS slick 44. I have the previous version (the 42 inch) and it runs off of a 3s 2200 just fine. They're awesome airplanes.

orange_rc_pilot

take a look at the new 3DHS slick 44. I have the previous version (the 42 inch) and it runs off of a 3s 2200 just fine. They're awesome airplanes.

I looked it up, and both the 44 and 42 look amazing! The only problem is that they're balsa, and I'm not quite brave enough. Thanks anyway! Maybe I'll come back to it in the future...

mrwzrd59

Old Guy Geek
I have a Visionaire and its an amazing platform for learning 3D. There's just no pressure with this plane because it will slow down to a crawl in high alpha then punch into whatever maneuver your choose! Designed around 3S 2200's. I burn thru 5 batteries in an afternoon.
I get right at 8 minutes of aggressive flying and that works good for me because after 8 intense minutes, I'm ready for a break!
The specialty of this one is tight tumbles or waterfalls. It tucks under or goes over backwards so easily and you'll build confidence quickly.
I'd give it 5 stars if I was rating it.

orange_rc_pilot

I have a Visionaire and its an amazing platform for learning 3D. There's just no pressure with this plane because it will slow down to a crawl in high alpha then punch into whatever maneuver your choose! Designed around 3S 2200's. I burn thru 5 batteries in an afternoon.
I get right at 8 minutes of aggressive flying and that works good for me because after 8 intense minutes, I'm ready for a break!
The specialty of this one is tight tumbles or waterfalls. It tucks under or goes over backwards so easily and you'll build confidence quickly.
I'd give it 5 stars if I was rating it.

Sounds good to me! 8 minutes is a solid flying time, and since I have lots of batteries, I don't think I'll ever get bored! :D

Thank you very much for your help. Night Visionarie it is!!!

That's amazing flight time on a Visionare! I get five minutes out of a charge, and I'm close to 11.2 v after five minutes. The LEDs shorten flight time by about 15 sec. That said, it really is an awesome plane. I don't think there's an easier platform for learning 3D.

orange_rc_pilot

Looks pretty good, but the drawbacks are that it is coming from the US (I live in the UK), so shipping will be very expensive, and the motor and servos are ridiculously expensive. I've found a similar size HobbyKing Edge 540*, and the total price will be about half that of the Extra. It still tools like an awesome plane, but I have a tight budget and I'm willing to give up quality for price. Thanks so much for your help though! Perhaps in the future when my budget has increased... :D:D:D

*http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...obatic_Airplane_1220mm_ARF_UK_Warehouse_.html