Resource icon

3D FT SCOUT 1.0

Please log in to download

Samh

Elite member
Samh submitted a new resource:

3D FT SCOUT - a scout with that bit of extra everything for when you want to have some real fun😁😁

I do not take credit for the design. That is all Flitetest. All I did to it is change the vertical fin shape and gave it a big rudder, change the horizontal shape and gave it a bigger elevator, and extended the ailerons about an inch and a half to give it more aileron. It will run off a C-pack motor with a 3s 1300-2200. Other than the tail and aileron changes, none of the actual design has changed. You can also experiment with flaperon and spoileron mixes to get crazy maneuvers. I fly...

Read more about this resource...

bperc

Thanks for posting this Samh. One problem is with the added length to the ailerons, the wings don't fit through the fuselage. I'm going to use the standard wing with the enlarged tail section. I'll let you know how it flies when I finish building it.

luvmy40

Elite member
It doesn't look like there is much interest in this, but I like the idea, so here's something I found.
I cut these plans last night and realised, after running all 3 sheets on the needle cutter that both wing halves are the same side.
I have an idea about fitting the wings with the larger ailerons but I'll hold off on it until I verify it works.