3D Goggles???

Jerry_C

Guys, I've been thinking about this for years but don't have the finances to build it. It would require 2 cameras, 2 transmitters, 2, receivers, and the hard part. 2 screens in the goggles. Wouldn't 3D give the pilot a better depth perception. I vision it with a head tracking unit with the camera assembly on a gimbal so when the pilot turned his/her head the camera would look left, right, up, and down. I understand it'd be a bit expensive to build but wouldn't it be awesome?

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Guys, I've been thinking about this for years but don't have the finances to build it. It would require 2 cameras, 2 transmitters, 2, receivers, and the hard part. 2 screens in the goggles. Wouldn't 3D give the pilot a better depth perception. I vision it with a head tracking unit with the camera assembly on a gimbal so when the pilot turned his/her head the camera would look left, right, up, and down. I understand it'd be a bit expensive to build but wouldn't it be awesome?
I’ve never had any knowledge or experience in fpv, but I wonder if you could just take transmission, put in into the computer, and out to a actual 3D headset.

Jerry_C

I’ve never had any knowledge or experience in fpv, but I wonder if you could just take transmission, put in into the computer, and out to a actual 3D headset.
Not sure it would work because you'd only have one camera view. we receive depth perception because we see from 2 different points.

Silent_flier

You could do another meathod. u mah have a dandy arduino with u. You could technically hook a gyroscope to it and place the gyroscope on the headset. then you could position the canera with two servos and after a cut of point tilt the servo little to the right or left. I could do this but i dont have the resources or finance.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
https://www.getfpv.com/skyzone-sky02s-v-3d-5-8g-40ch-fpv-goggles-w-vtx.html already come with all this. for an extra FPV rig, You could also mount two AIO cameras ($14 on Sale) on a popsicle mounted to a servo.
here's some test footage from xjet (Bruce Simpson) . hat becomes clear, is that within 30ft the binocular vision is amazing. but outside that there is little benefit, but don't trust me, look for yourself:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
3dFPV has been around for a long time. It uses side by side setup with a two camera system. It was a fad for a while but people found it too immersive for piloting and too wanting for filming. not to mention the added weight of a dual tx / camera system.

If your goggles have an hdmi port you can plug your goggles into a DVD /blu ray player that uses side by side 3d and watch movies in your goggles like that. The whole problem is small screen resolutions don't work so well with movies which is why the FPV 3d is not good for either piloting or filming just yet.