3D Pen

basslord1124

Master member
So my wife got me a 3D Pen for Christmas. I knew they had 3D printers but I have never heard of a 3D pen. Looks pretty neat and I am curious to see what I can create with it. I figure as far as RC planes go, I'd like to see if I can do control horns with it OR just whatever else that comes up. Anybody else have experience with these and have any tips on using one?

3d pen.jpg

basslord1124

Master member
That video is pretty sweet. Not sure if I want to go that elaborate with one, but it is nice to see other people create some amazing things with it.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
My experience with one was that it was difficult to get it to print cleanly - that is, I couldn't get it to print a smooth, straight line, no matter how hard I tried. It can clearly be used to make impressive models based on the guy who did a Smaug model, but I've got a feeling he has the hands of surgeon to get to that point...

JacksonLionel

I have an AIO Robotics (https://popular.reviews/3d-printing-pen/#2_AIO_Robotics_PR1002 - here's the review I read on it) and I've done quite a few projects with it up to this point. It's a snazzy little thing, feels like a feather in my hand and it's quite fun to let your imagination loose with it. Built a few tiny planes but nothing spectacular up to now, they all look like they're made by a 3-year-old. I definitely need more practice! :LOL:

leaded50

Legendary member
i have a 3D pen too. For eg a control horn, you "cant get" it smooth enough to ensure no rod sticks. its gonna be a rough surface.

leaded50

Legendary member
in theory @Piotrsko .. but its slow, and dont lay as exact as a 3D printer. its gonna be as a lot of sasuages on top of each other laying. Heating/delivery of filament isnt consisstent enough