TheDeathlyBro

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I have started to design an F-100A which is 3d printable and will be powered by a 50mm edf!

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    632.5 KB · Views: 0

TheDeathlyBro

Thanks for the support! I'm currently in high school right now, so I'll be working on it in my free time and over winter break. My goal is to get a rough draft of the cad files complete before the end of this year and finish revising by the spring. Should hopefully have it printed before the summer!

TheDeathlyBro

I really will be watching, The F-100 is a pretty lady with a nasty temper from all accounts, but I like them that way. In all seriousness I want to see this!
Yeah, it doesn't look like there's too many rc F-100s anywhere, especially EDF jets. It's a beautiful design, but not too many people make them.

jfaleo1

Yeah, it doesn't look like there's too many rc F-100s anywhere, especially EDF jets. It's a beautiful design, but not too many people make them.
As stated she has a bad temper especially the A model, it did not have flaps as I recall and was nasty to land. Also look up "Saber Dance". but who cares it is a beauty and should be modeled more. keep at it. good to see younger people involved. How old were you when you started flying?

TheDeathlyBro

I started flying about 4 years ago when I got the hobby zone duet for my 13th birthday. I flew that for a good year before I crashed it. After the crash I decided to rebuild a body for it out of foam board and that’s how I got into building my own rc aircraft. From there I took a huge leap straight to edf jets and built the FT viggen. I then immediately started scratch building my own edf jets. I’ve only ever bought two 64mm edfs, but I’ve used them to their full potential and built over 12 different jets. And now.. well, I’m over here with 3d printing!

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I started flying about 4 years ago when I got the hobby zone duet for my 13th birthday. I flew that for a good year before I crashed it. After the crash I decided to rebuild a body for it out of foam board and that’s how I got into building my own rc aircraft. From there I took a huge leap straight to edf jets and built the FT viggen. I then immediately started scratch building my own edf jets. I’ve only ever bought two 64mm edfs, but I’ve used them to their full potential and built over 12 different jets. And now.. well, I’m over here with 3d printing!
Awesome!! I am the same age as when you started! I also have a 3D printer. But have not started into EDF, although I want to.