3d Printable XT-60 terminal cover for travel and storage. TSA approved

StatiK RC

Just a quick video I made showing off these terminal caps I use all the time. I used these when I traveled to FFE 2017 and they worked great. I had no problems with TSA. Here are the model files for anyone interested in printing their own: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:341517

I didn't design this model, I just thought it would be helpful!

Is this the right place for this type of video?

Uncle Manuel

It rises awareness of abuse against unsuspecting batteries... oh sorry, wrong movie... :D

Nah seriously, this is a great idea even for transport and storage. Because: Either way a short of a lithium battery can cause a fire wich will definitely ruin your day... ;)

Uncle Manuel

*caugh*Boeing787Dreamliner*caugh* :D:p

Or even the fiasko with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. It's not even the heat or the flames but the huge amounts of poisonous smoke and the fact that water will make it even worse. Lithium fires are no joke...

That's why airlines don't even allow an open pack of AAA & AA batteries and demand that the terminals (no, the other ones) are covered to prevent shortages. The perks of high capacity and high power batteries... ;)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate

Just a quick video I made showing off these terminal caps I use all the time. I used these when I traveled to FFE 2017 and they worked great. I had no problems with TSA. Here are the model files for anyone interested in printing their own: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:341517

I didn't design this model, I just thought it would be helpful!

Is this the right place for this type of video?

wicked cool thanks for the link! someday when i get a 3D printer i will be making many of these!!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Not the wrong place at all for this.
Would probably be a good topic for an article too.
A small write up with a few screenshots, embed the video.

StatiK RC

Ok, I just submitted the article to the flite test team. If there are any moderators out there that would be willing to speed this along that would be greatly appreciated :D

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You'd have to poke Flying Monkey for that.

I would not poke a flying monkey though ;-)