3D printed airplane "Cephei-73"

AndrewZak

Hi everyone! My name is Andrew Zakrevskiy and I`m an aviation engineer from Ukraine. Couple months ago I made my one 3d printer, so I`ve decided to make 3d printed airplane. First of all, because it is fun;) Now, when the work is done and the plane is already printed, I want to hear your opinion. Is it interesting for you to read more about this plane, how it was made and so on? I really have no idea what to do next, sell it, sell 3d models or make new one. Now I am standing and dont now where to go) So, I introduce you "Cephei-73"!)
Plane.png ??????.jpg ??????1.JPG ??????2.JPG ??????4.JPG ??????5.JPG

Liam B

Yes! Please, more about this. Maiden flight would be cool to see, as well as how you built it and the files!

AndrewZak

Hello Andrew! That looks like an Apple MacDrone from the 1990's in tangerine colors. Compare it with the other Apple products.:p

;) You know, I like "MacDrone" much more, than "Cephei-73")
TIll Juny 12 I must write my diploma, in English it sounds like "thesis defence", I guess) And than, I hope, there will be a test flight. Now I have not much time, but in this sommer I promise, I'll describe all technics, that I used to build it)
I must say, that the main problem is that I did not notice the fail in the model, that I printed. So, the strength of the middle section of the fuselage is very poor.
And the main characteristics are:
Weight: 1.4 kg
Wingspan: 1.3m
Length: 830 mm
Battery: LiPo 2200 mah
Weight without electronics: 0.9 kg
Speed of flight: 35-40 km/h
Aspect ratio: 18
Wing profile: Clark-Y (c = 11.78%)
By the way, I used topology optimization to make power sheme of the wing and fuselage. The CAD and CAE program was "Siemens PLM NX 11" and "Solidthinking inspire 2017".

Homer263

I would love to learn how u designed this airplane. Awesome job. I have also been working on a design myself but I have hit multiple road blocks. I'm using sketchup and it's like pulling teeth to get my design to work. I'm pretty new to sketchup and this is part of the problem. I'm excited to see how yours turns out. Keep up the good work.

I would love to learn how u designed this airplane. Awesome job. I have also been working on a design myself but I have hit multiple road blocks. I'm using sketchup and it's like pulling teeth to get my design to work. I'm pretty new to sketchup and this is part of the problem. I'm excited to see how yours turns out. Keep up the good work.

I used to use google sketchup for making my 3d designs but I got absolutely fed up with it and switched to fusion 360. I like it a lot more and it is very powerful considering it is a free program. It's also much easier to convert to an stl for 3d printing.

Homer263

I used to use google sketchup for making my 3d designs but I got absolutely fed up with it and switched to fusion 360. I like it a lot more and it is very powerful considering it is a free program. It's also much easier to convert to an stl for 3d printing.

I will give fusion 360 a shot and see if I like it better.

kevinc35

keep the info coming. I'm building my 3D printer now and plan on starting a design for a micro sized 3D printed plane so the more information the better.

JGplanes

That's awesome! I would really like to print this if you share the stl files. I've been messing with F360 as well, but haven't successfully modeled an entire plane yet, just parts. Can you tell me how you add the inner wing structure/ribs?

JG

AndrewZak

Guys, I am back! its been a while and due to war in Ukraine I had to redesign the plane for obesrvation purposes. Now its Cephei-83 and soon we will make a test flight. Cheers!

Attachments

• hz_4.jpg
    hz_4.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 0