3d printed EDF fans.

Guy S.

Just messing around with my printer last night and printed a few 40mm edf fans that are designed for a Emax 1106. Any chance these won’t explode on 4500kv 4s?
207AFC65-9367-428A-9A77-EF16530E81CB.jpeg

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
They seem to be printed in one piece so they should be fairly strong, im starting to have some experience 3d printing crap that spins fast myself.
As long as you dont hit anything with them, they should be fine.
Do not expect good efficiency tho.

Figure9

Elite member
They seem to be printed in one piece so they should be fairly strong, im starting to have some experience 3d printing crap that spins fast myself.

Your quality control factor must be very reliable if you’re willing to spin them up holding them in bare hand. Amazing what 3D printers can do. They’re getting cheaper & small enough to use on a limited space hobby bench.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Speaking of efficiency, I heard that if you soak them in warmed up acetone it will help smooth out the 3D printing ridges

Guy S.

I also have a machining center with a 4th axis at the shop. I’ve been thinking of just milling some fans, and housings. I even have some magnesium I could use. Then I cone to my senses and just buy a $35 unit. 🙃