3D Printed F-82

3D Printed F-82 1.0

Please log in to download

Matagami Designs

Master member
Matagami Designs submitted a new resource:

3D Printed F-82 - Twin C Power, 1:12 Semi-Scale

View attachment 214488

Print STLS in general as single wall, 0.4mm thickness, 0.2mm layer height, no top and bottom layers, 0% infill.
Print first 2mm as double wall for hoop strength and more surface area for gluing.

Fuselage, wing, and spinner STLS must be mirrored to obtain left half except for "Fuselage L5" this is a unique part.
Bottom surface of servo mount in Fuselage L5 must be cut out in order to run servo wire.
Fuselage 3 should have 2 bottom layers.

Print "Horizontal...

Read more about this resource...

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
it looks a P-51 or something in the P models had a baby with two heads
its a real thing.
1640734869429.png

Matagami Designs

Master member
Time to start my LW-PLA print. It was flying so well on 3s but I was going too slow and was too low for the immelmann turn when it stalled into a spin. Not enough altitude to recover. 4s is fun although a bit faster than what I prefer and dosent feel as smooth or fly as scale. Hopefully cutting the weight will make things even better since it was heavy.
20211230_145604.jpg
20211230_144805.jpg

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Time to start my LW-PLA print. It was flying so well on 3s but I was going too slow and was too low for the immelmann turn when it stalled into a spin. Not enough altitude to recover. 4s is fun although a bit faster than what I prefer and dosent feel as smooth or fly as scale. Hopefully cutting the weight will make things even better since it was heavy. View attachment 214677 View attachment 214678
Definitely going to build that one. It just looks so neat and we'll designed.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Don't print purely in LW-PLA. Had the nose print fail mid flight and the motor on that side was hanging. I tried gliding it in and the tail broke off on the hard landing.
20220305_103206.jpg

Last edited:

SSgt Duramax

Don't print purley in LW-PLA. Had the nose print fail mid flight and the motor on that side was hanging. I tried gliding it in and the tail broke off on the hard landing. View attachment 220968
Have you tried the polylite non foaming PLA? It is kind of a happy medium between the regular PLA and the LW-PLA. I am surprised that your LW PLA plane is in as few piece as it is lol. Maybe could try a hybrid print? Most of the stuff requiring the normal PLA is up front.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Your layers are pristine! What printer do you use is you don;t mind me asking?

Thanks! I'm using an ender 3 pro. Nothing too special about it just a few mods. Dual gear extruder, stiffer bed springs, PEI/ spring steel build surface, capricorn bowden tube and a homemade foamboard enclosure. 😅 I was actually having terrible prints with lots of under extrusion but recently took apart the hotend and cleaned it up as best I could which definitely helped but this polylite gray PLA plus is printing great.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Getting back to revisiting this model. Panel lines, easy assembly with snap together seams and flaps with only 1 servo connected through 3d printed universal joints. 😀

Attachments

• 20230302_212003.jpg
    20230302_212003.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230302_211919.jpg
    20230302_211919.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

bwarz

Master member
What slicer are you using? I use Cura but it doesn't seem to be respecting the inner structure...?