3D printed full case for the FT Aura 5

jackheli

I designed a 3d printed case for the FT Aura 5. It has a lid, for one...

Use supports for the top lid.

You need to open the access ports necessary for your setup with a N#11 Xacto knife, for example throttle, right aileron, Sbus an DSM Satellite, this way ports you do not use are covered. Close with 4 M2x10 screws.

Peel off the raft under the buttons.

Weighs 10g in total, but the stock 3d printed base itself is about 4g already.

Attachments

• 20220209_162634.jpg
    20220209_162634.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Aura 5 Bottom.stl
    55 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Aura 5 Top.stl
    289.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Aura Buttons.stl
    104.2 KB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator

You need to open the access ports necessary for your setup with a N#11 Xacto knife, for example throttle, right aileron, Sbus an DSM Satellite, this way ports you do not use are covered. Close with 4 M2x10 screws.

I like it! Now I wish I had a 3D printer.

alan0043

Hey Jack,

That is a clever idea. What filament did you use ?

alan0043

Hi Jack,

I have a question for you. I am a rookie on this 3D printing stuff. I would like to print your Aura 5 case. But here is my question for you. The attachments in your thread, are they the stl files that I need to down load to my slicer ? I am using an Ender 3V2 printer.

Thank you for any help,
Al

jackheli

Hi Jack,

I have a question for you. I am a rookie on this 3D printing stuff. I would like to print your Aura 5 case. But here is my question for you. The attachments in your thread, are they the stl files that I need to down load to my slicer ? I am using an Ender 3V2 printer.

Thank you for any help,
Al
That is correct. Use one of the freebee slicers out there (Cura, Prusaslicer, sli3er). I recommend Cura for you.
In a nutshell, setup the configuration for your printer (there should be pre-defined templates for it) choose the default slicing profile for PLA, turn on supports, drop the stl files on the bed, slice and generate the gcode file. Transfer the gcode to your printer and print away.
Lots of videos on youtube about this. Try searching on youtube for "how to confingure and slice with cura"

alan0043

That is correct. Use one of the freebee slicers out there (Cura, Prusaslicer, sli3er). I recommend Cura for you.
In a nutshell, setup the configuration for your printer (there should be pre-defined templates for it) choose the default slicing profile for PLA, turn on supports, drop the stl files on the bed, slice and generate the gcode file. Transfer the gcode to your printer and print away.
Lots of videos on youtube about this. Try searching on youtube for "how to confingure and slice with cura"

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the help. I do use the slicer from Ender. I believe it is based off of the Cura slicer.