3D Printed Quadcopter V 1.0

Andrea

Well, it'is been a while, but I can't finish my job because my fc does not connect to the pc, i've got a cc3d evo that keep's blinking a orange light, where can i find a solution to that problem?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Dumb question kiddo.

You said you bought a cc3d flight controller. Yet you say you loadrd the cc3d evo target. Ususlly the word evo is associated with the spf3 boards. Is it possible you have one or the other mixed up?

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Dumb question kiddo.

You said you bought a cc3d flight controller. Yet you say you loadrd the cc3d evo target. Ususlly the word evo is associated with the spf3 boards. Is it possible you have one or the other mixed up?
Not dumb question (or comment)! I have a CC3D EVO board. Have a heart PsyBorg...

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Well, it'is been a while, but I can't finish my job because my fc does not connect to the pc, i've got a cc3d evo that keep's blinking a orange light, where can i find a solution to that problem?
Which configurator are you using? I think mine (old one) came with Open Pilot which won't work in BetaFlight. Nice progress, good luck!

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
The product description says OpenPilot which was handed to LibrePilot a few years ago. You can try finding and downloading the last version of OpenPilot, maybe from GitHub or similar. Or you can try to flash new firmware, whichever configurator you prefer that is CC3D compatible. Can you get to the firmware flashing section of LibrePilot with the CC3D plugged in?

Also, if you can get to CLI tab, try to type in "version" (without quotations) and hit Enter, hopefully can get software info.

Last edited:

Andrea

The product description says OpenPilot which was handed to LibrePilot a few years ago. You can try finding and downloading the last version of OpenPilot, maybe from GitHub or similar. Or you can try to flash new firmware, whichever configurator you prefer that is CC3D compatible. Can you get to the firmware flashing section of LibrePilot with the CC3D plugged in?

Also, if you can get to CLI tab, try to type in "version" (without quotations) and hit Enter, hopefully can get software info.
OK, I will try what u said, do you know an alternative board to choose? I would like to try new fcb in the meanwhile

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Can't recommend anything but your best bet based on the 4in1 ESC you are using would probably be the Bardwell F4 version 2. GetFPV had it for ~$35. It looks like it has the same wiring harness as your ESC board. On V2 the pins are V, C, G, N, 1, 2, 3, 4 and it looks like your ESC would plug in to it. ElectriSean likes version 1 and I have v2 but haven't flown it yet. The board has a built in OSD, plus Joshua has created a huge manual and has great how to videos.

Make sure you watch PsyBorgs soldering tips video because it's easy to toast these boards if you're not careful. Looking at your previous pics I'm wondering if you would need the PDB in addition to the 4in1 ESC. I think the 4in1 can serve as your PDB also.

Andrea

I watched Psyborg's video , the one about soldering tips, i did the opposite explained in the video..so i put my iron on the board and added tin...maybe i've fried 2 board in that way...what can I say...it was my first time XD

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'm following this because I'm kind of curious as to how this is going to fly. I've read various things that say the 3D printed stuff (with the exception of TinyWhoop type frames) tend to be too heavy or not very durable compared to the CF frames. That said, if you can make your own parts for $2-$3 vs $70 for a whole new frame, it's definitely something to consider. :)

Let us know how the maiden and subsequent flights go! :)

Andrea

I'm following this because I'm kind of curious as to how this is going to fly. I've read various things that say the 3D printed stuff (with the exception of TinyWhoop type frames) tend to be too heavy or not very durable compared to the CF frames. That said, if you can make your own parts for $2-$3 vs $70 for a whole new frame, it's definitely something to consider. :)

Let us know how the maiden and subsequent flights go! :)

I am waiting a deliver for a new cc3d board , I hope to not fry even this one, wish me luck XD

Andrea

Together with cc3d I also purchased an spf3 board, I am happy to say that the connection and the board works... And yes... I am using an arduino as power source for my receiver

Attachments

• 15339245012432299593968036469982.jpg
    15339245012432299593968036469982.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Did you ever post the .STL files up anywhere? I have the guts out of one of my wrecked frames that would probably drop right in. :-D

DropInAndGo.jpg

Andrea

Did you ever post the .STL files up anywhere? I have the guts out of one of my wrecked frames that would probably drop right in. :-D

View attachment 112276
until i'm sure that it flies i will not publish, it is a work in progress. I don't wanna kill other people eletronics =)
I don't think that your eletronics can fit in the frame, in my build there is an AIO ESC, u should unsolder all your escs.... =(

Andrea

Just fried Spf3 board... A motor was not spinning and then the board shut down after some sec, tried also the reboot the board... I think I overheated pin 1 while I was soldering

Attachments

• 15339985181564572955610568729873.jpg
    15339985181564572955610568729873.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
OUCH... hate it when that happens.

FWIW... the gear I will use has been used on a few builds already. Not worried about frying it. Have a 4in1 I could use too. Just looking to make use of some spare gear. No worries if you don't want to share yet.

Cheers!
LItterBug

Andrea

Well, on the other hand, I'll get another SPF3 on monday.
But in the meantime , when the board worked, I was able to configure the FC and also save the confuguration file and fix the spin of the motors ;).
I followed this video in order to make the FC work on my pc...i don't know if it is a normal procedure to follow.

Bye for now, have a nice week, I'll post soon

In the end:

MOTORS
ECS
RECEIVER
PBD
works

FCB
burned

Frame
Half way to be approved

=)

Andrea

Ok, i think that my all in one esc is burned in some way.
only 3 motor speed up with dshot 600, an the one that does not speed up only works with dshot 150.
Guys, do you have any tips?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Just use Oneshot. It works just as good as dshot. Higher numbers are not always best.

Cheers!
LitterBug