3d printer help.

IcedStorm777

Just got the bed. My only question is how do i get the wire which is like this...
1573173136504.png

To this which is how the bed connects to the motherboard
1573173167992.png

Chuppster

So as far as PSU's go i was thinking this might work. It is 24 Volt and 700 Watt. The reason i want so much wattage is because i want to make sure i have enough for the massive bed and other parts. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0782RSCLV/?tag=lstir-20

With an offbrand like that it's good to have headroom. It doesn't look too cheap though.

As for your heated bed connector, I have never seen one like that. You could cut it off and strip the wires, crimp on a header for the thermistor, and go from there.

IcedStorm777

With an offbrand like that it's good to have headroom. It doesn't look too cheap though.

As for your heated bed connector, I have never seen one like that. You could cut it off and strip the wires, crimp on a header for the thermistor, and go from there.
So if it was you getting a PSU would you get that one or another one and if another one any recommendations? Thanks

IcedStorm777

I'd use a laptop brick for the electronics and AC for the bed :p. Meanwell is the brand to go with when it comes to power supplies.

So use two power supplies? How would that work? Would I wire the brick to the motherboard and then wire the AC PSU directly to the bed or...

IcedStorm777

So the bed runs on 24 volts and uses 380 watts. Amps times volts is watts (I think) so than watts divided by volts we give us Amps.

That would give us 380 divided by 24 = 15.3 right? So than i guess that power supply works! Thanks for all the help. Please let me know if any of that was wrong. Also a little update on the printer. I just got in the titan extruder, V6 Hotend, and Volcano extra. I also just ordered the motherboard. After this (Hopefully) all i have to order is the PSU and LCD screen!

Chuppster

So the bed runs on 24 volts and uses 380 watts. Amps times volts is watts (I think) so than watts divided by volts we give us Amps.

That would give us 380 divided by 24 = 15.3 right? So than i guess that power supply works! Thanks for all the help. Please let me know if any of that was wrong. Also a little update on the printer. I just got in the titan extruder, V6 Hotend, and Volcano extra. I also just ordered the motherboard. After this (Hopefully) all i have to order is the PSU and LCD screen!

If your bed is only 380 watts a MeanWell 700 is overkill (not a bad thing). You could definitely get away with a 500w unit.

IcedStorm777

You're using 32 bit hardware so I can't help you on this one. Have you checked forums for your board to see what other people are using?

Ok thanks i will try to figure it out. One of my friends had this question for you regarding the BL touch. Hey, so i just installedd my bl touch, and everything seemed to be working. I set the z offset by starting with -3.5, and then added the Z i got from using the paper under the nozzle thing. The only issue is that even after it levels the bed before printing, the nozzle is still too far away from the bed. So, in one corner the filament sticks, but in other ones the filament isnt sticking because the nozzle is too far away. So idk.

I didnt know if you would know but just figured it was worth a shot. Thanks!!

Chuppster

Ok thanks i will try to figure it out. One of my friends had this question for you regarding the BL touch. Hey, so i just installedd my bl touch, and everything seemed to be working. I set the z offset by starting with -3.5, and then added the Z i got from using the paper under the nozzle thing. The only issue is that even after it levels the bed before printing, the nozzle is still too far away from the bed. So, in one corner the filament sticks, but in other ones the filament isnt sticking because the nozzle is too far away. So idk.

I didnt know if you would know but just figured it was worth a shot. Thanks!!

Did he run an auto-leveling method on it? Personally I just manually level my bed because I print parts that need to be dimensionally accurate.

IcedStorm777

So wait, as far as the bed cable it is four wires. Would that mean that two of them are for actually heating the bed and the other two are basically a thermistor that tells you how hot the bed is? If so couldn't i just cut the plug off the end, use the two heater wires and just use the screw plugs on the motherboard to hold those, and then solder the two thermistor wires to a two pronged version of a JST plug that plugs into the bottom left hand corner of the motherboard?