3D PRINTER ??

skymaster

Elite member
Hey guys i am a little confuse i guess you can say . here is the problem. so i have been thinking about getting a 3d printer and i heard lots of great things about the ender 3 v2, but i wanted to know a little more about it. so i come home and banggood has them for 249 dollars for another 14hrs, so i go to youturbe to learn how to use it before i get into trouble. so im on youtube and i seen this guys doing a review of the ender 3 v2 the night before, and now he is showing this cheaper version of the ender 3 v2. which is called Voxelab Aquila diy fdm 3d printer for only 169 bucks . which should i get?? here is the video

Sero

Elite member
Hey guys i am a little confuse i guess you can say . here is the problem. so i have been thinking about getting a 3d printer and i heard lots of great things about the ender 3 v2, but i wanted to know a little more about it. so i come home and banggood has them for 249 dollars for another 14hrs, so i go to youturbe to learn how to use it before i get into trouble. so im on youtube and i seen this guys doing a review of the ender 3 v2 the night before, and now he is showing this cheaper version of the ender 3 v2. which is called Voxelab Aquila diy fdm 3d printer for only 169 bucks . which should i get?? here is the video

I was going to buy an Ender3 but ended up buying something else very similar to save $50. I'm happy with what I got but I wish I would have spent the extra to get the Ender, In the long run there's more parts, mods and support for them since they are so common.

skymaster

Elite member
I looked around for a little more info voxelab aquila and there are somethings that i did not like, sure it's cheaper but jus to to update you need to go through a lot of hassle like taking appart the screen just to update. and i also like the screen of the 3ender. last year i bough a laser engraver that i am trying to modify it to be a drawing machine. it is big enough to take a full sheet of foam 20x30 just need the pen holder

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My only real recommendations are that you have a large enough print area to suit your needs, that you have one that is easy to service and clean with plenty of spares available, and of course that it has a heated bed.

My first printer lasted a fair while and I even successfully enlarged the print bed area by 100% but the cleaning and maintenance information was not available and of course not all parts were available. So I bought a second and different model. Now, 12 months later the parts I needed for the first model are suddenly available and the parts for the second unit are discontinued and it is no longer to be found listed for sale.,.

Make sure that whatever you get parts are available.

Have fun!

Sero

Elite member
My only real recommendations are that you have a large enough print area to suit your needs, that you have one that is easy to service and clean with plenty of spares available, and of course that it has a heated bed.

My first printer lasted a fair while and I even successfully enlarged the print bed area by 100% but the cleaning and maintenance information was not available and of course not all parts were available. So I bought a second and different model. Now, 12 months later the parts I needed for the first model are suddenly available and the parts for the second unit are discontinued and it is no longer to be found listed for sale.,.

Make sure that whatever you get parts are available.

Have fun!

That's the reason I often recommend the Ender 3 if that suits a persons needs, such a common printer that I'm sure there will be parts available for many years to come.

ColoFlyer

Get the Ender 3 v2. I have both the Ender 3 v2 and a Sovol SV01, and although I like the Sovol which has a larger print area, it has a bit more of a learning curve. The Ender 3 v2 is easier to set up and there are tons of videos for setup and tuning for this machine. If you buy a cheaper no name machine, you may have a harder time with the setup due to fewer vids.
Also, you may want to possibly consider just getting it from Amazon because of their easy return policy if there happens to be a problem with the printer, or you just want to return it. I know it would be about $30 more from Amazon ($279), but I have ordered alot from Banggood, and returning things is not that easy.

If you happen to have a MicroCenter anywhere nearby this is where I got mine they have locations all over plus they also have this printer for $249.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/623606/creality-ender-3-v2-3d-printer

This is a good REVIEW vid of this machine.
Here are some good setup and review vids for this machine. These three guys also have vids on Tuning, and Upgrading the firmware and adding the BL Touch.

These are from CHEP
https://www.youtube.com/user/beginnerelectronics/videos

I like Bryan Vines also,

Dr Vax is good as well

FYI. if you get a 3D Printer, you will also need a Slicer. Most people use Cura it is free.
https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

RobBernal

Get the Ender 3 v2. I have both the Ender 3 v2 and a Sovol SV01, and although I like the Sovol which has a larger print area, it has a bit more of a learning curve. The Ender 3 v2 is easier to set up and there are tons of videos for setup and tuning for this machine. If you buy a cheaper no name machine, you may have a harder time with the setup due to fewer vids.
Also, you may want to possibly consider just getting it from Amazon because of their easy return policy if there happens to be a problem with the printer, or you just want to return it. I know it would be about $30 more from Amazon ($279), but I have ordered alot from Banggood, and returning things is not that easy.
If you happen to have a MicroCenter anywhere nearby this is where I got mine they have locations all over plus they also have this printer for $249. https://43dprint.org/best-3d-printer-for-cosplay/
This is a good REVIEW vid of this machine.
Here are some good setup and review vids for this machine. These three guys also have vids on Tuning, and Upgrading the firmware and adding the BL Touch.
These are from CHEP

I like Bryan Vines also,

Dr Vax is good as well

FYI. if you get a 3D Printer, you will also need a Slicer. Most people use Cura it is free.
https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

Bryan vines has nice vids, his content really got me into printing.

luvmy40

Elite member
I haven't laid hands on the Core XZ yet, but I am running an E3 V3 SE with the Nebula Pad/Klipper upgrade and my son is running 2 E3 V3 KEs and we both love them. I think if I had it to do over I would just go with the V3 KE.

telnar1236

Elite member
Like everyone else is saying, the Ender 3 is a great printer. That said, my recommendation would be the Anycubic Kobra Neo. It's basically any Ender 3 clone, but cheaper and with a direct drive extruder which makes printing so much easier with some of the more difficult filaments. I've had mine for about a year now, and have had no issues despite running it pretty continuously. It's also pretty easy to upgrade with an all metal hot-end which will let you print pretty much any filament that you would reasonably want to.