3D resin printed Draco RC 2500mm

dexgeo

Hey all, its been a while since i posted here in good ol' FT Forum.

Well I am back with a new and exciting project, with a brand new Peopoly Phenom on my soon to purchase list ( just waiting on the funds/$tsla stock). I have begun work on my latest project over on my YouTube channel. (insert shamless plug here )

I just recently finished working on a CYBER BIKE concept and with my new printer right around the corner I was looking for a new project, I wanted to get back to me biggest passion, model aviation. So with BIG kick@$$ printer in my tool set, what should I make? I wanted something awesome, of course, but something fun and easy to fly. I'd get bored of a trainer style aircraft way too fast to justify the cost and effort, but I have a naughty passion for bush planes. They can perform like a Trainer and they can by lots of fun flying low and slow.

So there i was thinking of what kind of STOL monster I wanna make, AND BAM! It hits me, that crazy American with that crazier Wilga, and thats how it all started.

Specs: (some design parameters are still being decided.

• 2500mm-ish WS
  • Resin printed everything except any carbon spars, rods, tubes and other "not printable components"
  • 20inch functional variable pitch prop, yes I am making a VP from resin printed parts, yes I have done the math and the stress analysis to validate this choice
  • Super accurate detail, down the the bloody rivets where ever possible
  • Resin: Siraya Tech Blu
  • All the lights! all of them....
  • Working gas compression shocks for the landing gear

more specs to come

So its still SUPER early days for this project at the moment and i have been a bit out of touch with the RC aviation community, so im jumping back in with a fun project and would love for you all to follow along. My knowledge of new hobby parts is "new guy on the block" level at the moments so i would love for any advice on choosing the right parts like motors, servos, Tx/Rx, and the important one batteries. Please check out episode 01 where I go over the parts I have on hand and go over some more details about the project. I also post regularly over on my Twitter so feel free to follow me there too.

Thank you all, I will post updates here as often as I can. Latest update 15/01/2021

Congratulations on the beautiful work.

It would be wonderful to be able to see it done.

Good landings and hugs from Brazil.