.46 Trainer Resurrected

Josimac

Here's a short video of my Dad's 40 size trainer, landing. (I'm flying, he's filming) We got it going again this year after watching it hang from his living room ceiling for over 10 years! It had to have the .46 OS rebuilt and all new fuel lines. He also had to patch it up with some spare monokote. We put our new Hitec Optic 6 sport radio gear in it that we purchased for the Bixler 2 that we received today. We're still working on the new airfield... Enjoy!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Is that a Solo? I had one of those before the Alpha I still have. It fell off the table one day at the club (wasn't flying due to the wind) and it broke the wing. I repaired it and later had the wing fail again after some loops. Fail isn't a good description of what it did since it just folded up and made like a lawn dart into the drainage pond! Had a lot of fun with it up until then though...

Josimac

Yes, the Solo-Sport. Dad bought it, a 40 size taildragger trainer, and all the radio gear from a guy over 10 years ago for $200.

Josimac

Side note... We put a brand new .46 OS engine in the taildragger trainer and got it up and running in July. Then, I crashed it after about 30 seconds of uncontrolled flight. The crash broke the entire engine mount off, and tore up the left side of the wing.

Josimac

I guess it was converted since they came as a tricycle ARF...My Alpha still is.

The solo-sport is tricycle. I have no idea what brand the taildragger is. It actually looks like multiple trainers that have been reconfigured to a tail dragger.

We also have a 1/2A Herr Aquastar. (Recently crashed also...)

Regardless, we're having fun with them again!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Oh, it's two different trainers you were talking about. I am caught up now...I'll try to keep up from now on!