5.8 fatshark dominator module question

Nonamerc

Arman
does it support a pacht antenna? i want long range but i dont know if it need extra power or something else

Yea you can put a patch antenna on the 5.8 GHz dominator module. But you will get longer range but not long range. Maybe 10km if you are lucky. I cant say that much about how much range you will get because here in holland the 5.8 GHz band is really crowded.

Arman

Yea you can put a patch antenna on the 5.8 GHz dominator module. But you will get longer range but not long range. Maybe 10km if you are lucky. I cant say that much about how much range you will get because here in holland the 5.8 GHz band is really crowded.

Arman

i am looking for 5km +- so i suppose it should be fine; thanks and post more videos

bmsweb

Site Moderator
You won't get good range on stock antennas, so you may need to knock something up like I did with my Predators. A proper ground station would be better with the antenna mounted high. For portability and just fun flying without the need for lots of gear, this is what I've been using and it's a total blast. All I need is my Goggles, Model and TX

You will notice the Skew Planar antenna I have on the Goggles has extra height to clear my Big Head ;)

Nonamerc

Arman
i am looking for 5km +- so i suppose it should be fine; thanks and post more videos

Chances are that you can get 5km but it also depends on the setup that you have on your plane. VTX and RX most not be near each other. Use ferrite rings etc etc. Also most planes are not 5km capable. They cant carry the battery that you need to fly. You flying 10km if you want to fly 5km. I recommend that you buy 1.2 GHz and you will get 5km with a good setup. WIth 5.8 GHz it depends also on humidity if you life in a humid country with much clouds you will get poorer signal then in a non humid country!!!

About the videos, we are on vacaction for 3 weeks. I have my bixler with me and I am filming some stuff but i cant edit because i only have my ipad with me. The weather is pretty rough but I will make videos and I am going to upload them as private. So if you are interested just pm me on youtube. After the vacation I will make a good video with all the highlights.

Sorry for my poor english, I am dutch

bmsweb

Site Moderator
. . I am filming some stuff but i cant edit because i only have my ipad with me. The weather is pretty rough but I will make videos and I am going to upload them as private.

Sorry for my poor english, I am dutch

Your english is great! so no need to say sorry :)

Why don't you do your editing on iMovie on the iPad, that's what I do ;)