5.8g 200mw queston

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
It REALLY(!!!) depends on what types of antenna you use. With a rubber ducky omnidirectional you should get around a good stable low range (probably 300m?!). Using a diversity system and a patch antenna you could get several Kilometers... easily

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Max 500m with the rubber duckies, 800m max with clover leaf, 2.5km max with FRSky modules.

Long Range FPV

Hi rc me

I have flown out to 1.5 km (see link) using the following configuration;

RC RX: Futaba R617FS
RC TX: Futaba 6EX
Video RX: Boscam RC302 5.8GHz RHCP Skew Planer Antenna
Video TX: Boscam TS351 5.8 GHz 200mw RHCP Cloverleaf Antenna
*Video poor on PC due to EasyCap otherwise very clear on monitor.

AXNFloaterCloudsFly.JPG

The RC System should cope up to approximately three to five kilometres (see link). I am however considering purchasing Chainlink Dare from BEVRC (see link) to give me greater range.

The Video System I am looking at upgrading with a RHCP Helical Antenna (see link) and (see link). I have seen some impressive results on Youtube using this configuration (see link).

Hope this helps

Regards

DM

mjx

Hi rc me

I have flown out to 1.5 km (see link) using the following configuration;

RC RX: Futaba R617FS
RC TX: Futaba 6EX
Video RX: Boscam RC302 5.8GHz RHCP Skew Planer Antenna
Video TX: Boscam TS351 5.8 GHz 200mw RHCP Cloverleaf Antenna
*Video poor on PC due to EasyCap otherwise very clear on monitor.

View attachment 3078

The RC System should cope up to approximately three to five kilometres (see link). I am however considering purchasing Chainlink Dare from BEVRC (see link) to give me greater range.

The Video System I am looking at upgrading with a RHCP Helical Antenna (see link) and (see link). I have seen some impressive results on Youtube using this configuration (see link).

Hope this helps

Regards

DM

I'm a n00b in fpv equipments and seek your adv as I also use boscam equipments. I am looking for a better performance in terms of signal but not so much on distance for now.

I have the Video TX: Boscam TS351 5.8 GHz 200mw as you have. You used the Cloverleaf Antenna and what was the choice over Skew Planer Antenna? Is it just because it is better? Do you need an adapter or just bolt on?

For the Video rx, I don't use Boscam RC302 5.8GHz but instead, I am using "BosCam AIO FPV Goggles True 640x480 Intergrated 8ch 2.4Ghz 5.8Ghz Dual VRx and Head Track". The vrx is already built-in within the goggles. And of course I'm using the 5.8G antennas.

1- Is it not a good idea using this setup (i mean my setup)?
2- Or should i opt for Boscam RC302 and video output it to the goggles?
3- And Do you know whether I can use the Cloverleaf Antenna or the Skew Planer Antenna directly with the goggles? And is it also bolt on without any adapters (forgot what you call these adapters. i think its RPSMA adapter)?

The more I read about fpv setups, the more confuse I get! hope you can shed some light.

Thanks.

PaulT

Mentor
What happends after the 2km?

I don't know yet. My flying field is just a tad over 2 kilometers long and we haven't gone past that.
I honestly think that I am very near the limits of both the Dx6i and the 9x radios we use.
It was just curiosity that pushed us to that distance so now we are quite comfortable flying within that range.

Nonamerc

Arman
Maybe it is an idea to get your fpv camera on a pan servo and set the failsafe for this position a little bit to the right/left so if you are getting a failsafe you will know it.

Arman

so far the best i've got has been 1800ft about 550m. I've tried with an 11db gain patch and helical antennas with the same results. I have a diversity Rx with a clover leave antenna as well as on the plane, I was hoping the patch or helical would increase the range but either the beam is so narrow I don't have enough room to turn around in it and I'm losing signal or they just don't work that well (they are cheap so that's very possible).

I've heard lots of people saying that with a pair of CP antennas and a 200mw Tx you should be able to get to 1.5 - 2Km. I feel my results are only 20-30% at best.

I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase the 600mw Immersion RC Tx and a pair of fat shark spironet V2's skew planar antennas. I hope to reach the 2k mark. I really only have about a square kilometer that I want to fly in but I want to do it with clear video and my current setup only allows me MAX 600m. If anyone has any light on what might improve my range with my current equipment let me know.

Boscam 200mw TS351 Tx
Skyzone diversity 5.8g receiver

-Jes

joshuabardwell

Mentor
250 mW FatShark vTX and Attitude goggles. Cloverleaf/SPW antennas. The signal first begins to break up around 600 meters. This is roughly the end of my field, so I turn around and come back. If the field was larger, I could probably go farther before the signal became snowy enough that I didn't feel comfortable.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
No.

http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Helical-Antenna-Design-Calculator.phtml

Helical antennas invented by John Kraus give a circular polarized wave. They are one of the easiest to design. Find a tube with a circumference equal to one wavelength, and wrap wire in a helix spaced a quarter wavelength. The conductor width isn't of great importance in the desing. The greater the number of turns the greater the directivity or antenna gain. Receiving and transmitting antennas must be wound in the same direction, since the wave is polarized.