$50 mega plane challenge

Jnr Kuzi

I Would Like to see the cast of FT Have a scratch built dual rotor Plane Battle in which they can only spend $50 bucks on each plane.

Rules
01. In that $50 bucks, they should buy - Foam, Servos, 2motors, esc's, e.t.c

02. Plane must Have a minimum of 100cm wing span.

03. Plane must be Ground Launched (No Hand Launches)

Lets see who is the Most economical.lol

Challenges.

01. Speed - lets who's plane with launch quicker

02. Control - when the plane is about 100ft in the air, each contestant should stall his/her plane and see who's will get back to normal quicker.

03. Crash test - I would like to see the cast crash there plane & he who destroys the Least electronics wins.

Be safe, economical & smart. Hehehe

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
Isn't $50 a little low? I'm building on a pretty low budget and couldn't squeak under $70 for decent equipment. If downgraded I think one could BARELY make it out with $50. Can they eBay and buy used?

Jnr Kuzi

Isn't $50 a little low? I'm building on a pretty low budget and couldn't squeak under $70 for decent equipment. If downgraded I think one could BARELY make it out with $50. Can they eBay and buy used?

It really doesnt matter how you get your electronics.. Just have to make something huge under 50bucks. Lets imagine a Mad man puts a Gun to your face & tells you he wants an rc plane built & you only have 50bucks to your name.lol

Honestly, I think $50 is too low for a contest of this sort. Two ESCs at $10 a pop, even assuming you'd get motors for $10 a pop you're looking at $40 down already without receiver or servos.

Single motor? Sure.