50mm Ripper

50mm Ripper V1

Please log in to download

OliverW

Legendary member
SquirrelTail submitted a new resource:

50mm Ripper - Dead nuts basic jet that tracks straight and true!

Howdy all. This design has been a long time in the making. My goal was to make a really easy to build jet, that performed well too. This jet does just that. It launches really easy, and tracks straight as an arrow. It will do all your standard aerobatics with ease, while being able to fly decently as a first EDF! A few things to note, the EDF mounts glue to the sides of the fuse, and the fan unit glues into those. There is a couple small green tick marks on the wings, and thats where your...

Read more about this resource...

cyclone3350

Master member
I've been eyeing that one for a long time. Next time I place a value hobby order I'll pick one up.

I am out of town for the holidays. I was all geared up for starting my next adventure which will take all season to do. But when I saw this one, I think I am going give the Condor some consideration. Might as well try and knock something out that shouldn't take too long before I end up married to L-4. BTW I think U wanted to see rockers on my next Cub. Will this fit that description?

Attachments

• IMG_5381.JPG
    IMG_5381.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
Howdy, yeah I couldn't remember the exact cg from my build, but I remember that it was right around 1/3 of the wing chord

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I am out of town for the holidays. I was all geared up for starting my next adventure which will take all season to do. But when I saw this one, I think I am going give the Condor some consideration. Might as well try and knock something out that shouldn't take too long before I end up married to L-4. BTW I think U wanted to see rockers on my next Cub. Will this fit that description?
That was me 😁 and yes that definitely works!

cyclone3350

Master member
That was me 😁 and yes that definitely works!

U R a bad influence on me. I have just got back from Richmond VA & have to leave for Rochester MN on Tuesday. I'd rather not start the Cub until I get back. In the mean time, and after seeing what U did to your Cub, I've decide to do the same to a 1/5 Gee Bee model D and see if I can use this ASP 91XL that is has been begging me for a home. I will start a build in the Mad Scratch Builders tonight. Get back to the Champ, I could use some more bad influence.

jpot1

Elite member
@SquirrelTail - assuming that a B fold for the fuse is correct then the rear is only 45 mm. My 50mm edf outer housing measures 53mm. Are the lines on the edf holders supposed to be scored and bent outwards so everything fits?

OliverW

Legendary member
Yeah that's exactly how it's done. I think I put the score line on the mounts but there's the chance I forgot to

OliverW

Legendary member
1642562926032.png
I don't have this airframe anymore after it met the ground at a high velocity lol. This is the best I've got, sorry