52 Builds

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Number 6 for the year...self-designed bi-plane...

Attachments

• GOPR4354.JPG
    GOPR4354.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4333.JPG
    GOPR4333.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4334.JPG
    GOPR4334.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4337.JPG
    GOPR4337.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4339.JPG
    GOPR4339.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4341.JPG
    GOPR4341.JPG
  • GOPR4343.JPG
    GOPR4343.JPG
  • GOPR4344.JPG
    GOPR4344.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4346.JPG
    GOPR4346.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4347.JPG
    GOPR4347.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Your Biplane looked like a fun unit too. The ailerons are they just on the bottom wing or on both?
She flew great! She was a bit tail heavy that first flight...added about an oz to the front and changed from a 2200 to a 3200 battery, and she was a lady in the air! Lands so easy...next time I'm putting the tail servos up front and that should take care of the tail heaviness... Oh...the Ailerons are just on the bottom wing...and even though they are small, they work very well...she flies really scale, which is what I was going for!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
She flew great! She was a bit tail heavy that first flight...added about an oz to the front and changed from a 2200 to a 3200 battery, and she was a lady in the air! Lands so easy...next time I'm putting the tail servos up front and that should take care of the tail heaviness... Oh...the Ailerons are just on the bottom wing...and even though they are small, they work very well...she flies really scale, which is what I was going for!
You should create plans for it and post it as a resource for the rest of us to build!

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
You should create plans for it and post it as a resource for the rest of us to build!
I don't even have plans for me! I cut out the Fuse formers from the P-38 booms...used a flite test swappable powerpod to hold it together, and mimicked a flite test style wing...30"...for ease of cutting from FB...the tail I tried to make look like an Albatross, but it needs work! I wouldn't know how to make plans...but i'd measure it up so someone else could...wink, wink...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I don't even have plans for me! I cut out the Fuse formers from the P-38 booms...used a flite test swappable powerpod to hold it together, and mimicked a flite test style wing...30"...for ease of cutting from FB...the tail I tried to make look like an Albatross, but it needs work! I wouldn't know how to make plans...but i'd measure it up so someone else could...wink, wink...
I would do it, and I could if you’d be ok waiting a couple weeks. With the build-Ruary, I’m working on a couple planes, one being my T-28 which is going to take quite a bit of time and effort. That being said I’d be happy to help draw up some plans for it and build it - it’s really graceful in the air!

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I would do it, and I could if you’d be ok waiting a couple weeks. With the build-Ruary, I’m working on a couple planes, one being my T-28 which is going to take quite a bit of time and effort. That being said I’d be happy to help draw up some plans for it and build it - it’s really graceful in the air!
Sounds great! I want to build you T-28...I like that plane...

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I realized last night I have been in this hobby about 30 weeks, and I have built way more than 30 planes (with all the replacements...hahahaha)...
and I've already built 4 planes this year... Super bee, Tiny Trainer (as a glider), P-38, and my Toy Hauler...So.....
My goal is to build 1 plane a week this year...52 builds...
Today starts week 5, and I'm building the Mini F-22 after work...

Here are pics of what I've built so far, just to catch up!
here is build number 7...for got to take pictures during the build, but here she is, and I'll post the maiden flight tomorrow, successful or not! hahahahahaha

Attachments

• IMG_1178[1].JPG
    IMG_1178[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1181[2].JPG
    IMG_1181[2].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0