52 Builds

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I realized last night I have been in this hobby about 30 weeks, and I have built way more than 30 planes (with all the replacements...hahahaha)...
and I've already built 4 planes this year... Super bee, Tiny Trainer (as a glider), P-38, and my Toy Hauler...So.....
My goal is to build 1 plane a week this year...52 builds...
Today starts week 5, and I'm building the Mini F-22 after work...

Here are pics of what I've built so far, just to catch up!
Here is build 8 for the year, build 3 for February...I keep forgetting to take pictures during the build...
Tri-plane of no particular design...

Attachments

• IMG_1189[1].JPG
    IMG_1189[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1188[1].JPG
    IMG_1188[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Well...the first tri-plane was just ok...so I built a DR1 from my own design and it is much nicer, and I am calling it #8...
here are some pics and video...

Attachments

• GOPR4430.JPG
    GOPR4430.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4431.JPG
    GOPR4431.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4432.JPG
    GOPR4432.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4436.JPG
    GOPR4436.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4437.JPG
    GOPR4437.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4441.JPG
    GOPR4441.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4448.JPG
    GOPR4448.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4449.JPG
    GOPR4449.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Well...the first tri-plane was just ok...so I built a DR1 from my own design and it is much nicer, and I am calling it #8...
here are some pics and video...
Cut the nose down 1" and moved the motor back another inch, so tip to tail length decreased by 2", all in the very most nose...helped with the CG big time! I think I like the white!

Attachments

• GOPR4494.JPG
    GOPR4494.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4495.JPG
    GOPR4495.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Cut the nose down 1" and moved the motor back another inch, so tip to tail length decreased by 2", all in the very most nose...helped with the CG big time! I think I like the white!
Just flew her, and it was beautiful! cutting down the nose was key...now it's almost perfectly 1/7 scale, except the middle wing...mistake...so now I'm gonna build one with the right length middle wing and all of the other dimensions the same, and she should be good for plans, if anybody wants to build one!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just flew her, and it was beautiful! cutting down the nose was key...now it's almost perfectly 1/7 scale, except the middle wing...mistake...so now I'm gonna build one with the right length middle wing and all of the other dimensions the same, and she should be good for plans, if anybody wants to build one!
Awesome!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
i didnt notice but does it have the 4th wing between the wheels?

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I realized last night I have been in this hobby about 30 weeks, and I have built way more than 30 planes (with all the replacements...hahahaha)...
and I've already built 4 planes this year... Super bee, Tiny Trainer (as a glider), P-38, and my Toy Hauler...So.....
My goal is to build 1 plane a week this year...52 builds...
Today starts week 5, and I'm building the Mini F-22 after work...

Here are pics of what I've built so far, just to catch up!
Here is build # 9 for the year... My own designed 1/7 scale Sopwith Camel...flies really well...very scale