59 year old newbie - adding more planes

Jimun

Elite member
Sport Wing attached and checked the servo settings for proper directions. Just need to add the red and green tape to the wing tips and I will be flying 4 channel my next time out. I will bring my wife to add to the commentary, if she is available.

Tiny Trainer 012.JPG

mayan

Legendary member
Sport Wing attached and checked the servo settings for proper directions. Just need to add the red and green tape to the wing tips and I will be flying 4 channel my next time out. I will bring my wife to add to the commentary, if she is available.

View attachment 127881
Feel the excitement? I do! Waiting on it.

Wildthing

Legendary member
How do you like this for draining a damaged battery

View attachment 128338

Time to get a new battery
I am also thinking of having 2 Tiny Trainers, 1 set up as a 3 channel and 1 as a 4 channel and have the ability to make 1 out of 2 if I have to.

I did that to a bunch of my dead batteries this winter, then once there was 0 voltage in them I hammered a nail through the battery to make sure it stayed dead . Then I took them to a disposal unit.

mayan

Legendary member
Went flying today - tried 4 channel with sport wing - for the first time - video coming soon - with my wife's commentary
The way I flew I could add it to the " Getting Stupid with the Tiny Trainer - The Challenge.. "
You can see the end result at the "crash support group #10
I saw the end result, waiting for the video with your commentary it’s got to be the best thing on earth. My question though is did you have fun? What have you learned for the experience? What are you going to do different?

How do you like this for draining a damaged battery

View attachment 128338

Time to get a new battery
I am also thinking of having 2 Tiny Trainers, 1 set up as a 3 channel and 1 as a 4 channel and have the ability to make 1 out of 2 if I have to.
Love the idea and great thought about taking to planes to the field. With time you’ll get to a point where you need only the other set of wings.

Jimun

Elite member
I saw the end result, waiting for the video with your commentary it’s got to be the best thing on earth. My question though is did you have fun? What have you learned for the experience? What are you going to do different?

Love the idea and great thought about taking to planes to the field. With time you’ll get to a point where you need only the other set of wings.
Yes I did have fun and we had a couple of good laughs. What I learned, double check control surfaces when changing wings. Also when checking your CRAP pay attention to all system connections. I noticed one connection pulling out of the receiver and I had to change wings when a wire came out of the servo connector. I think these 2 things were part of my problems in controlling the plane.

mayan

Legendary member
Yes I did have fun and we had a couple of good laughs. What I learned, double check control surfaces when changing wings. Also when checking your CRAP pay attention to all system connections. I noticed one connection pulling out of the receiver and I had to change wings when a wire came out of the servo connector. I think these 2 things were part of my problems in controlling the plane.
When lessons are learned it was a good time in the field :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Ok here is my 1st 4 channel flight with my wife's commentary

More to come
Wow! You completely owned it! Your first 4ch flight looked better than all of my 3ch combined! You literally just sort of flew around in what was an obvious heavy wind, La-de-da, do-see-do. Like it was nothing. Beautiful, man. Beautiful.

It may just be on my end, but there were no discernible words in the whole video. It was either wind or no audio. It doesn't matter. That was an amazing show of skill. Well done. Well done. :D

Jimun

Elite member
Wow! You completely owned it! Your first 4ch flight looked better than all of my 3ch combined! You literally just sort of flew around in what was an obvious heavy wind, La-de-da, do-see-do. Like it was nothing. Beautiful, man. Beautiful.

It may just be on my end, but there were no discernible words in the whole video. It was either wind or no audio. It doesn't matter. That was an amazing show of skill. Well done. Well done. :D
Thank you and sorry about the sound. I tried to clear it up, but the wind makes it hard. I think this was one of the better flights of the day. I will try to get the rest up this week. I also have some rebuilding to do for next time.

mayan

Legendary member
Ok here is my 1st 4 channel flight with my wife's commentary

More to come
First thanks for the video and your wife commentary where it was heard it makes me laugh. Like @buzzbomb said you owned it, fly in strong wind and owned it. BTW great save at 1:42 in near crash there but you pulled out of it like it was planned. Was it?

I am looking forward to more videos for you soon :).

Wildthing

Legendary member
Here is a group of shorter videos put together on my 1st time on 4 channel. Need to learn about my video program more to transition between clips.

LOL, The ALIEN has landed :D :D

You did awesome but your wife made the show. :)

Watching the plane and how fast it responds when you correct or even over correct it I would dial down the rates maybe 10% and up the expo 10% that way your flight should be a lot smoother .

Jimun

Elite member
Ok here is the second set of short clips. Started with the 4 channel with sport wing and then had to switch back to the 3 channel set up ( a wire came out of an aileron servo. After about the 3rd try I realized that I forgot to reverse the rudder in the tx. Then I flew some ugly figure 8's. Some did look OK.

Jimun

Elite member
Here is one more of 3 channel flying.

And here is my last flight that ended my day. Time to rebuild

I ended up in the street. I am not sure what happened, But hit hard.

End of a good day.JPG

Crushed the battery

IMG_4318.JPG

Had to drain it and trash it.
I need to place another order
New battery or batteries
more firewalls
Maybe another powerpak
and Spare servos

Jimun

Elite member
First thanks for the video and your wife commentary where it was heard it makes me laugh. Like @buzzbomb said you owned it, fly in strong wind and owned it. BTW great save at 1:42 in near crash there but you pulled out of it like it was planned. Was it?

I am looking forward to more videos for you soon :).
No not planned. All the other loops and maneuvers in the videos were recoveries. I am glad you are enjoying the videos.

Jimun

Elite member
LOL, The ALIEN has landed :D:D

You did awesome but your wife made the show. :)

Watching the plane and how fast it responds when you correct or even over correct it I would dial down the rates maybe 10% and up the expo 10% that way your flight should be a lot smoother .
Thanks @Wildthing, you are right. I do have 2 settings for high low throws set up on my tx, I just didn't think about it. I will try to remember next time to set it to the low settings at first.