5mm foamboard x10 in the uk for a tenner = F22 Raptor

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
100_0261.JPG 100_0262.JPG
Look what came the day after the guys build a Raptor.....is it fate
This was about ten pounds in the uk free delivery and it was from play.com

SteveOBHave

Gah - properly jealous. It's just over $10 a sheet here in Aus... mad expensive. I look forward to seeing your efforts!

Bollie

I feel your pain Austin I mean Steve ;), I managed to get 10 sheets off ebay for $60 inc postage to Perth but I'm now down 4 sheets. I'll need to start looking for another bargain

SteveOBHave

I feel your pain Austin I mean Steve ;), I managed to get 10 sheets off ebay for $60 inc postage to Perth but I'm now down 4 sheets. I'll need to start looking for another bargain

Yeah, I've spotted some bulk deals but I'm not entirely sure that I'd churn out models to entirely justify it. If there were enough people here locally I might consider it but having just moved here from London I don't know anyone. Might have to hunt down some local RC clubs...

I think my next trick will be making a blue foam core flying wing as much as I'd like to keep hitting the foam board scratch builds.

Still waiting on the first steps to a completed Raptor Mr Brian :D no pressure...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Foamboard is shipped in boxes from China. We just get ripped off by having to buy it after several players have taken their cut. I'd love to start up an online shop selling cheap (<$4 a sheet) foamboard and parts for scratch builds... There's definitely a needy market here.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor

My mate is going to print the F22 plans for me today.....last night i was bored so i made this wing but i will now have to take something apart and nab the electronics......good fun

davereap

get your foam from depron.co.uk.. If you buy in a full box at a time it works out the cheapest... so get together with a flying buddy to get supplied..