Solved 60 in. Ft edge

Ironrat

FT EDGE need help

I blew up the plans to 150% the B fold and other folds like
Them are to wide should I use thinker foam board like makers foam??? Please help

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
You can adjust the width of the piece you take out back to the 3/16" width of the foam board you're using. To keep the same outside dimensions keep the outside line of the B fold removed foam section and adjust the inside line. For an A fold keep the inside line and adjust the outside one.

Ironrat

You can adjust the width of the piece you take out back to the 3/16" width of the foam board you're using. To keep the same outside dimensions keep the outside line of the B fold removed foam section and adjust the inside line. For an A fold keep the inside line and adjust outside

Thank you very much was kinda in a panic paid to print full size cutting making templates .Thank you

Ironrat

You can adjust the width of the piece you take out back to the 3/16" width of the foam board you're using. To keep the same outside dimensions keep the outside line of the B fold removed foam section and adjust the inside line. For an A fold keep the inside line and adjust the outside one.

D

Ironrat

Thank you Mr NCT,

I'm guessing that I'll need to adjust the former slots as well

And I can't thank you enough for your help.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The gentleman at my club who has been kindly selling me some of his wonderful collection of planes. Happens to have a beautiful electric powered, balsa model of a DR3.
When I was last at his workshop, I was admiring it and to my amazement he said its for sale if your interested.
Sadly its one of those models you would be scared to fly just incase you crashed it and I refuses to own a plane these day's that I can't or wont fly. I wouldn't be content having it just hung there on display so I won't be buying it.
On the other hand I did sit drooling over his scratch built version of the Polaris, that's also for sale so may buy that just after Christmas.

Ironrat

Mr.Nct,

Just one more question the slots for formers and such .
Would you center the 3/16 board on slot or does it depend on what it's for ?